Monday, August 20, 2018

Weekly Mileage #73 and the Three Year Checkup



Last week was busy, as the next couple of months promise to be. Figuring out what needs to be done when is something I've got to buckle down on.

Tuesday evening my friend C and I went for a run. It was a bit hot and humid, but it felt good. It felt good to run outside after so much time on the treadmill, and it felt good to run with a friend.

Thursday, Friday, and Saturday I was really tired and dragging, with some depression mixed in on Saturday. I'm not sure where it all came from, other than stress, though possibly another bug from Ocean. He's been feeling off lately.

He had his three year checkup Thursday morning, and is doing pretty well. One ear has some fluid behind the ear drum, but other than that his ears looked good. It's been awhile since his last hearing test, so we've got a hearing test scheduled for a couple weeks from now (after the fluid has hopefully cleared up). The pediatrician also recommended he get his speech evaluated. She wasn't impressed with his speech, which is funny, since we think he speaks pretty well. Though that is in comparison to River, who didn't really start talking until a week or so after he turned three. I don't necessarily agree with her assessment, but with his ear issues I do think it's worth it to get him evaluated to make sure there's no issues.

~~~~~~~

I spent hours Thursday afternoon trying to get my cell service changed from one company to another. I couldn't access the info I needed online because the double authentication system only sent the code to Mr M's phone (he's the account owner), and he was at work, with no access to his phone.

I couldn't access the info by calling in or chatting online, because the answer to the security question had been misspelled by the customer service person who typed it in originally years ago (we discovered this once Mr M got home and we finally had access to our account). I kept getting transferred from one person to another, each of whom assured me they could help, only they couldn't. SO incredibly frustrating.

We're trying out having two different cell carriers to see which gives better coverage when we travel. The timing was right because my phone had broken and I didn't have a contract to worry about, so I have the freedom to try new things. So far, I'm happy, but it's early days.

~~~~~~~~

We went for a hike Friday morning, but it was not our most successful outing ever. We had to skip the side trail to the river because Ocean was being such a pill and I didn't have the energy to deal with him. It was just too hot and humid to deal with recalcitrant three year olds. At least we got out and got some exercise.

~~~~~~~~

Saturday Mr M discovered a hole in the roof of the RV. This happened to our trailer too. From what we can tell, both times a branch fell in a storm and punctured the roof. We're in the process of doing the site work for a carport, but it's not up yet, unfortunately. The insurance adjuster will be out soon to check it out, and hopefully they'll cover it (different insurance company this time around, the first company covered the trailer repairs, but they almost didn't).

A month or so ago we’d decided to try to sell the RV this fall, before end of the year if possible, to avoid paying taxes on it next year. Not sure if the timing will work out for that to happen, but we'll see. We'd originally planned on keeping the RV at least another year, but if we can swing it, we want to see if we can get all the ducks lined up so that we can get our Airstream before family reunion time next summer. We're not sure if that will happen, though, since there's a specific floorplan we want (as is always the case with us), and there's not a lot of them available. Buying sooner rather than later will give us more time to see what we do and don't like and to do any necessary modifications without a tight deadline.

We won't be bringing an Airstream onto our property without a carport to protect it, though. If a branch didn't fall on it, the acorns would most definitely damage it (our cars all have hail damage from falling acorns). So getting the carport up is the first of several ducks that we have to get in order.

~~~~~~~~

I was supposed to run 11 miles on Saturday, but just didn't have the physical or mental energy for it. I walked 5 instead. I felt a little better, but I really had to work all day to keep moving and get stuff done. 

I've been feeling stressed about all the tasks I need to accomplish, so I sat down and tried to prioritize what I should focus on first, second, third, etc. My focus is those tasks that will be most profitable for my businesses. I'm trying to work smarter, not harder.

I did manage to say no to teaching the Cub Scout training class I taught last fall. I was asked to teach again this fall, but I just have too much going on the next couple months. It’s extra stress I don’t need right now. My current stress levels are an indication of that.

Weekly Mileage
Monday- 3.00 miles on the treadmill
Tuesday- 4.33 miles run outside
Wednesday- 10.00 miles on the bike
Friday- 1.50 mile hike
Saturday- 5.05 miles on the treadmill
    total- 22.88 miles

18 hikes towards #52hikechallenge
2.14 kayak miles towards #365milechallenge
211.88 foot miles towards #365milechallenge
235.00 bike miles towards #365milechallenge
449.02 miles total

No comments:

Post a Comment