Monday, August 14, 2017

Weekly Mileage


Despite my efforts to get back to my exercise schedule, it didn't happen last week. And if I'd really thought about it, I'd have known that was going to be the case. Sunshine had her Irish music day camp all week and driving into town every morning seriously interfered with my schedule. It could have been worse though, since I didn't have to pick her up- Mr M was on afternoon pickup duty again, which allowed the boys to take naps and me to get some work done.

we spent some time searching out the frogs in the frog pond and listening to them

Because there's always work to be done. I listed a bunch of stuff on eBay and craigslist, which always takes longer than I think it should. I finally painted the backing and shelves for Sunshine's shelving system and attached the backing. I need to switch out the doors still, but the shelves are almost ready to load up again with all her stuff.

traveling in style

It's nice to be getting rid of stuff we no longer need and making some money off those items is a bonus. I suspect we'll be looking over everything again in a few months. Living in an RV for 5 weeks and having plans to travel full time in a couple years has made it a lot easier to declutter and move a little closer to minimalism. Not that we'll ever truly be minimalists, but we are becoming much more intentional about what comes into the house and why.

Ocean, on the other hand, has added collecting leaves to his penchant for collecting sticks

I never had time to get on the treadmill, but the boys and I did go for a hike one morning after dropping Sunshine off at camp. It's a trail we've hiked before, and I ran a race on it this past spring, but a couple parts were damaged this spring by falling trees so stretches of the trail were closed in recent months.

all fixed!

The trail was open all the way to the top, so River and I hiked all the way up while Ocean rode in the stroller. River did a great job, but was pooped out by the time we reached the top, so he hopped in the stroller for a ride while I ran most of the way down. That was the first time I've run since the mud run, and it felt good. Of course, it was down hill, which I always find easier :)


The sad part is that my plantar fasciitis was aggravated by the hill and is still being problematic. I'd hoped it was healed, but apparently not.


The boys had fun climbing in and on the massive chunk of tulip poplar trunk that sits at the base of the trail. The outside is looking a little worse for wear than I remember it looking, but here's hoping it won't decay too much more.

Weekly Mileage 
Thursday: 4.29 miles walked and run on trail with boys
   total mileage: 4.29 miles

375.03 miles towards #365milechallenge
30 hikes towards #52hikechallenge

the inside of the tree trunk has the coolest ridges from the its rings

No comments:

Post a Comment