Monday, August 7, 2017

Weekly Mileage


I wasn't quite as productive this past week as I was the previous two weeks, but I still managed to get a good amount done. I finished sorting things for the yard sale Saturday, which was the deadline I've been working towards since we got home from our road trip. I still need to finish listing things on craigslist and eBay, but it feels good to have less things in each room.

Ocean brought some germs home from nursery <of course>, but for once they were pretty mild and didn't make him too sick. Which was good, since he shared his germs with me and I got sick as well, which slowed my plans for the week.

Despite all that, I walked on the treadmill twice and the kids and I went hiking once. It's nice to be getting my mileage up again.

For our hike we went to our local trails park, which we haven't been to all summer. Last time we were there one of the trails was blocked off for construction (and had been for several months previous), but this time the trail was open.


I'd hoped it would be, as the trail runs right next to the river that runs through the park and I wanted to find a spot where we could play in the water. We were surprised though, when we rounded a curve and saw a large suspension bridge over the river. The bridge is for pedestrians (and wasn't open yet), but there's a ford right next to it for mountain bikers and horses, which makes it super easy to access the river.

We crossed the river to check out the beginnings of some new trails, but they were really muddy and didn't seem to go anywhere yet, so we went back to the river and played in the water for awhile before continuing our hike.


The trail map doesn't show it yet, but after some research I found out that they're planning on building a lot more trails on the other side of the river, which will almost double the miles of trails available.

We also found a number of blue and green painted rocks placed along the trail in random spots. The kids had fun looking around for them, trying to be the first to spot the next one.


Unfortunately, the steepness of the later part of our hike aggravated my plantar fasciitis in my right foot, so apparently it is not as healed as I'd thought. That's disappointing and frustrating since my mileage has been so low the last few weeks in hopes of healing my feet, but that's how it goes. I will still be increasing my mileage, and adding some hill work into my workouts so I can be as ready as possible for my next half marathon in a month.

Weekly Mileage
Monday: 2.65 miles on the treadmill
Thursday: 3.46 miles on the treadmill
Friday: 2.18 mile hike
       total mileage: 8.29 miles

Oh, and I forgot to mention, I reached the 365 mile point on Monday!

370.74 miles towards #365milechallenge
29 hikes towards #52hikechallenge

No comments:

Post a Comment