Monday, March 27, 2017

Weekly Mileage

the temperatures hovered around freezing Thursday morning, so we bundled up for our hike

I'm almost over my ear infection and the subsequent head cold, and the congestion in my ears is almost gone, which means my hearing is also almost back to normal (yay!). It's definitely taken longer than I anticipated, but there's nothing I could really do to hurry things along.

The first half of the week I was still feeling poorly enough to not exercise, but we went for a hike on Thursday and I walked on the treadmill Friday. I had planned on walking on Saturday as well, but after spending a couple hours wrestling wire fencing for the expanded chicken run, I decided I'd had enough exercise for the day.

Yep, it's project time again. I ordered our chicks and they'll be arriving at the end of this week, so it's time to finally finish the chicken run. We trenched, dug post holes, installed posts, and buried fencing in the fall, but the rest of the wire fencing and the support boards didn't get attached then. I'd planned on working on the fencing during the winter, but just didn't have time since getting my businesses up and running took over my life this winter.

The weather was super nice Saturday (high 70s!), so I used the rest of the roll of 1" by 1" wire fencing leftover from the enclosed run. It made it about half way around the perimeter, but just on the lower half. I've ordered more fencing to finish off the lower half and do the upper half.

Earlier in the week we made a trip to Lowes for wood to frame out the posts and attach the fencing to. It's the first time we've gone for a load of wood in months...

Weekly Mileage
Thursday:1.22 mile hike with kiddos
Friday: 3.15 miles walked on the treadmill
    total miles: 4.37

hike #9 towards #52hikechallenge
93.98 miles towards #365milechallenge

No comments:

Post a Comment