Wednesday, March 22, 2017

GAPS v.2017 Week 9

It surprised me that these flowers recovered as well as they have- they've weathered snow, ice, and multiple frosts this spring and are still looking pretty good. 
Nature is more resilient than we know, sometimes.

Like I said last week, there's been some non-GAPS legal things going on. I finish my antibiotics tomorrow, then I need to focus on sticking to GAPS a bit better.

In the meantime, I haven't been as strict at sticking to GAPS legal foods. I didn't really see the point since I was already off GAPS with the painkillers and antibiotics. I realize that's not the best or healthiest attitude, but there you have it. stress + illness = poor food choices

Not that I went hog wild or anything. Really, the main thing was Cadbury mini eggs. Those things are always my Achille's heel. Strangely, I very rarely buy Cadbury chocolate bars. I think it's the combination of chocolate with the crunchy shell- I like the texture of the two together.

I am still losing weight, but a lot slower. I'm hoping the weight loss will pick up again once I'm back to full GAPS legal foods.

A thought I've had several times in the last couple months: winter is a great time for doing GAPS. All the soups and meats are so much easier to eat when it's cold/snowy/rainy than when it's hot and humid.

No comments:

Post a Comment