Friday, May 8, 2015

Mommy's Helper

River helped me for a little while when I was doing my marathon decking installation session last Saturday. He'd been watching me, so he knew where things were supposed to go. Here he's trying to put a screw in the jig so I could screw it in (good hand-eye coordination practice!).

After a few minutes of that, he decided to take possession of my bucket of screws.

Good thing he was willing to share some of the screws with me.

Then he found the pencil I was using to mark my cuts and he started drawing on the decking. He's recently discovered pens, pencils, and crayons, and thinks that coloring on whatever surface is available is the best fun ever.

I didn't actually want him writing on the decking, so I gave him a scrap piece of wood and he went to town on it.

Letting River "help" me gave me more time to work and gave him more time outside. Since I usually am limited to working during his nap time and he doesn't think he spends nearly enough time outside, it was a win-win situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment