Monday, March 20, 2017

Weekly Mileage

We got an inch or two of snow Monday night, but it turned to freezing rain that morning and coated everything in ice. It didn't take long for everything to melt away. A disappointing end to a disappointing winter.

I spent last week recovering from my ear infection and ruptured eardrum and the nasty head cold that followed. The head cold is finally almost cleared up, but my ears are still congested and not feeling great. I'm not sure why, but for some reason I didn't think it would take so long for my ears to clear up. Silly, I know.

On the other hand, the antibiotics I'm on haven't done a number on my intestines <knock on wood>, which is fantastic. I've been diligent about drinking my broth, taking my probiotics, adding collagen to my broth, and eating yogurt and it's paid off (plus I was in a pretty good place before I started taking the antibiotics).

Since I was under the weather, my exercise schedule suffered. I never got on the treadmill, and my friend and I canceled our run Wednesday when the temps hit the 30s with stiff winds. Neither of us felt like going out in the cold wind. The kids and I also skipped our hike on Thursday because I just didn't feel up to it.

Today I am feeling better and I'm determined to get back to my routine. I've gotten very little done in any aspect of my life (work, house projects, etc) over the last two and a half weeks and it's been bugging me that things have stalled out. It's hard to get work done when you don't feel well though.

One thing I did do though, was to review the results from last week's race. It was a small race, though I have run smaller races. I came in fourth in my age group (30-39), but if I was 3.5 months older I would be in an older age group (40-49) and I would have totally won that age group. Something to think about for next year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment