Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Nightstand Do-Over


I painted this nightstand more than a year ago, and I liked it then. But when I rearranged the master bedroom I moved the nightstand from the guest room to the master bedroom. Even though it's hidden in a corner, the bright blue paint just didn't match the rest of the room.

As I've been working on finishing all the projects upstairs, I decided to repaint the nightstand as well as the bench that was in our room.

I mixed up some light gray chalk paint and gave the nightstand two coats of paint, followed by a coat of wax.

Since this nightstand wasn't in the greatest condition, I did some light distressing before the wax coat.


It didn't take too long, and it looks much better! It is a little short for the height of the bed, but this is a corner that is rarely seen, so I'm not too worried about it. Next I need to decide on a lamp to go on the nightstand.

1 comment:

  1. Looks great! I'm really loving gray right now...maybe it's because I'm surrounded by so much brown in this house! :)

    ReplyDelete