Friday, January 29, 2010

LM Montgomery Reading Challenge: The Chronicles of Avonlea

L. M. Montgomery Reading Challenge
I'm trying to get caught up on these posts before the end of the month and the end of the challenge. I finished The Chronicles of Avonlea a couple weeks ago, but never got the post written.

The Chronicles of Avonlea is a compilation of short stories, told by different characters. I found the descriptions of the people quite vivid, though it's a little hard to believe that there's that many ... characters, for lack of a better word. They're all so unique with their own little quirks and mannerisms. We just don't see that today. Though perhaps that's because we just don't know our neighbors as well these days?

In any case, I enjoyed the book and found the stories entertaining.

2 comments:

  1. We've definitely lost a sense of community. That might be one of the things I find most appealing about the Island. Everybody seems to know something about everyone else. There's unity, even if you don't know everyone intimately. You aren't expected to either. It's just...close somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I read this in my early married years after reading the Anne series. I'll have to look it up again some time.

    ReplyDelete