Friday, January 8, 2010

Thoughts on sewing

I keep going back and forth regarding my feelings about sewing. Do I love it or do I hate it? Or do I tolerate it because it's a means to an end?

I've done a bit of sewing recently, but I can't say I thoroughly enjoyed it. I do enjoy figuring out how to make something myself rather than spend an obscene amount of money on a store-bought version. But I don't wake up and immediately think 'I can hardly wait to get started on ___!'. In fact, I have to be in just the right frame of mind to sit down and actually make progress on a sewing project. So maybe the ambivalence is a result of the concentration problems I have because of PCOS and gluten intolerance.

I guess that's why I still haven't managed to get the cover made for the chair that will go in my parents' room when we move out. It's only been on my to do list for the last year or so, but somehow, I still haven't taken care of it. At least I have the fabric...

I have two projects in progress that are almost done. When I finish them, hopefully today, then I will buckle down and get the chair cover done. We're getting closer to a job for Mr. M, so I need to make sure everything is ready for when we move out. Hmmm. That also means I need to hope for some warmer weather so I can strip the crappy varnish job off the log bed I found for them. I don't think sub-zero weather will be terribly helpful.

The fog we had the other day left behind a layer of ice on all the plants and trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment