Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Progress on some of my goals

I've found some great Valentine's projects lately and since I'm feeling a lot better and more creative, I would like to try some of them. However, I’m already in packing mode, thinking of what I can be packing now, rather than right before we move. I’m already antsy to be gone.

In the meantime, I've been working on some goals on my list that need to be finished before we move.

the crappy (it looks better in the pic than it did in person) varnish job that was on it, with some of it coming off because of the stripper
1. We stripped and sanded the bed frame the weekend before Jeremy left. We were about to start staining it Tuesday when Mr. M got the call that he officially had the job. After that, we dropped everything and started preparing for him to leave. I'll stain it today or tomorrow, depending on how on top of things I am.

the only pic I could find of the stripped and sanded frame- in the background behind LMS

2. I finally sent out our Christmas cards, and I’ve written our thank yous. Now I need to address and mail them.

3. I’ve pulled out the records I could find, scanned them and emailed them to my brothers. Unfortunately, I couldn’t find all the records I’m looking for, and since they weren't were they were supposed to be I really don’t think I’ll find them till we move and I unpack and sort every single thing we own.

On a different subject:
Not reading labels has gotten me again. I bought a can of honey roasted almonds and cashews the other day without reading the label. Big mistake. I popped a couple in my mouth and read the ingredients as I chewed. One of them was wheat starch. Really? In nuts? What a waste.

No comments:

Post a Comment