Friday, January 29, 2010

LM Montgomery Reading Challenge: The Road to Yesterday

L. M. Montgomery Reading Challenge

The last book I read for the challenge was The Road to Yesterday. Like the Chronicles of Avonlea books, it was a compilation of short stories. These were the ones I was able to get from the library- funny that it worked out that 3 out of 4 were short story collections.

These stories occasionally made mention of the Blythe children and the things they were doing, as well as Anne and Gilbert, which made me want to re-read the whole Anne of Green Gables series (it's been years since I last read it)- I vaguely remembered various things that were mentioned. Too bad they're buried in a box somewhere in storage. I'll have to add reading all the Anne books to my list of things to do once we move and get everything unpacked.

These stories were also entertaining, if predictable. The shortness  almost makes them 'fluff'. A quick and easy read that's enjoyable too boot :)

I had fun participating in this reading challenge. I got the chance to read some books I hadn't read before, and I now want to go find the rest of LM Montgomery's books that I haven't read yet. And once I get our books unpacked, I'm going to re-read all the Anne books and Blue Castle, which will always be my favorite book by LM Montgomery.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so very glad you included this one! Yeah, her short stories are quite fabulous in and of themselves. Pleasant, quick reads. Sounds like you had a good time. Thanks for participating! I'm so glad you did.

    ReplyDelete