Saturday, October 24, 2009

Sleeping Beauty crown

I finally finished LMS's Sleeping Beauty crown to go with her dress- just in time for the ward activity tonight!

I ended up making a couple different crowns before figuring out one I liked. I tried craft foam first, but it didn't work out how I wanted.
I then tried a couple different colors of felt, also spray painted, but still didn't like the results. I finally found some gold fabric and went in that direction.
I cut out two crown shapes from felt, covering one side with gold fabric. The less pretty sides got glued together, then sewed together. I hot glued the trim and used Fast Grab tacky glue for the sparklies.
The finished product:
I like that it's soft, flexible, and adjustable. LMS likes that it's a Sleeping Beauty crown.

No comments:

Post a Comment