Thursday, September 3, 2009

Fruit isn't always good for me

I've been enjoying the in-season fruit a little too much the last month or so. Cherries, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, peaches, pears, melons.... Sooo good! Unfortunately for me, just because I'm feeling a lot better since going gluten free, doesn't mean that the yeast is gone. So all that yummy fruit has been feeding the yeast in my body, making me fuzzy headed again. And it was just clearing up from eliminating gluten...

It really is a pity about the fruit. I haven't been able to eat much fruit for the last 10 years or so because of the yeast and gluten problems. Anytime I ate fruit, it would go straight to my bloodstream and make me feel like crap. This past month- there really wasn't a noticeable reaction when I ate fruit. And I do love fruit...

So I've stopped eating fruit again, and have been using Five-lac every night to kill off the yeast, and my brain is feeling clearer already. Hopefully in the future I will be able to carefully indulge in fruit without too many side effects. I'm really hoping that the longer I stay gluten free, the more my body will heal and the better everything will work (ie, work like it should), and maybe I'll be able to actually kick the yeast problem completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment