Monday, December 27, 2021

Weekly Mileage #248 and Christmas 2021

Monday I went for a frosty walk with Max, then did the grocery shopping. Unfortunately, that was too much time on my feet and my foot was not happy. At least the cold sweats were finally gone. While doing the grocery shopping, I had a weird reaction to wearing my mask- maybe an anxiety attack? I had a hard time breathing and my heartbeat was faster than normal. Not sure why, maybe my meds are being problematic again?

I finally got some stuff ready to ship (I should have done most of it weeks ago): a care package for my accountability partner, thank you packages for customers who made repeat orders this year, and a recent shop order.

I also finally made this year's ornaments and decided I was going to send out Christmas cards this year after all. I used the GlowForge to cut the ornaments out of wood, and then did a sample card out of card stock. It was my first time cutting card stock with the GlowForge. I only did one as I needed to get more materials.

Tuesday after music lessons I ran some errands, getting the stuff I needed for our Christmas cards. I'd found a good picture of us from River's baptism, so I sent it to wally world for one hour prints (that took two hours), and I got some card stock from Michaels. I was supposed to pick up a prescription refill after 12. I stopped by at 2:15 and they hadn't even started yet, despite the fact that I'd called it in Sunday night. They said it'd be 20 minutes, so I gave them 30 minutes, and they still weren't done. It took them another 15 minutes. Frustrating and a poor use of my time, though I'm sure they were busy because of the upcoming holidays.

The crowds were pretty bad. Everything took much longer than I'd hoped/planned. 

I had the breathing issue again. I'm still not sure if it's anxiety or what. It feels a bit like the beginnings of an asthma attack.

I had hoped to have time to finish some stuff before heading to the post office, but I didn't make it to the post office at all since everything took so long.


When I got home I sat on the bio-mat and iced my poor sore foot. It was not happy after so much walking Monday and Tuesday. While I sat there, I sewed the snowflakes on the wood ornaments I cut with the GlowForge. I got some good multi-tasking in, at least.


Later I spent a couple hours with the GlowForge, cutting out about half the cards I need. It takes about a minute and a half to cut each one, and they have to be done one at a time. Add in the time to position each sheet, wait for the GlowForge to focus, then remove each sheet after it's cut, and it's not a fast process.

Wednesday we dropped off the Subaru for routine maintenance and to get the transmission looked at. It shifts roughly and has since we bought it.

I finished packaging everything up to ship, which took longer than I'd hoped. Add in that I'd had another episode of esophageal reflux Tuesday night, which I'm fairly sure I managed to aspirate a bit of, and I did not feel good most of the day. I had planned to drop gifts off at the sisters I'm assigned to minister to, but I didn't have the energy. I did manage to go to the post office and the UPS store and took Ocean to Target to look for a present for his brother (we had his other presents). The shelves were really picked over, but we were able to find a present.

In the evening I finished cutting the cards and prepped them to mail, then organized my work space, which is an ongoing task anytime I'm working on a project, since things tend to pile up while I'm working.

Thursday I mailed all our Christmas cards and stopped by my ministering sisters and a friend to drop off treats (my campfire mugs with hot cocoa, herbal tea, and mini candy canes). Jeremy's brother and Buddy arrived to spend Christmas with us.

Friday Jeremy picked up the Subaru. They have no idea what's going on with the transmission, so we'll keep an eye on it for now. 

I wrapped presents in the afternoon, but they stayed in the bedroom until Christmas morning. I didn't trust the puppies to stay out of them and not nibble on them.

Christmas was low key and relaxed, though Jeremy did have to take dinner into the guys at work, so that did add some stress. We had to have everything ready by the designated time, but my red, white, and blue jello was struggling. The red layer would not set, even after adding extra gelatin to it. But the guy who had requested it still liked it, so that's a win.

We received enough in Amazon gift cards to buy the WaveMaster and practice pads that we need for practicing karate at home. We use them during class, but it will be helpful to have our own as well.

Sunday was our last day of 11:30 church. We move to 9am next week. Blech. It was nice to not have any meetings and just Sacrament meeting, though.

After church I finally started catching up on three months of unpublished posts. They were getting out of hand. I used to do the finally editing on Sunday afternoons, but I've had so many meetings the last few months that I just haven't had the energy to think about it and get it done. Hopefully the schedule change will be more conducive to me staying on top of things. I'll still have all the meetings though, so we'll see.


We also took a few minutes for the kids to decorate their sugar cone Christmas trees. Unfortunately, the sleeve of sugar cones got bashed around and they had to piece their trees together. River's was about to fall over in the picture below. This continues to be a fun activity. We might add some actual candies into the mix next year instead of just using seasonal decorations.


Weekly Mileage 

Monday-        1.46 miles               .5 hours
       total- 1.46 miles                             .5 hours

2021 totals
281.0 outside hours
248.89 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment