Monday, September 6, 2021

Weekly Mileage #232 and the End of Speech Therapy

Monday was Sunshine's first day of seminary- 6:45 on zoom. I liked the 8 zoom classes last year a lot better. Even if I get enough sleep, early mornings are really difficult for me.

After seminary, Ocean had speech therapy (online again, thank goodness. it saves so much time not having to drive to the school for speech), then we did school work.

I'm starting to feel better and finally feeling a bit more productive. I updated my bucket listings and added listings for pockets and rebranded my Etsy shop finally. I need to figure out which notebooks and journals to carry. I'm streamlining my offerings to make things easier for myself: easier to make the same things over and over and have some made and ready to go when they're needed.


Tuesday after music lessons I did the grocery shopping, but I was dragging the whole time. I'm really struggling with the early mornings. I want to get to the point where I can go running while Sunshine is doing seminary, but my energy levels are too low right now. Rather than try to do everything all at once (run, regular karate classes again, early mornings, school, etc) and risk burnout when I'm already tired, I'm doing what I can and trying not to push too hard. But it's still frustrating.

I finally got my shop to show up properly on Instagram (it didn't sync properly when I re-branded at the beginning of the year). It took a chat with Facebook support, but it was surprisingly easy, once they pointed me in the right direction. I have multiple Facebook commerce manager accounts, and the wrong one was connected to my IG account. The real issue is that the accounts are numbered, so it's really difficult to figure out which one is which.

During karate class Sunshine and I got our blue stripes for our back fist, front punch, and forward kick combos. The boys had stricter testers and didn't get theirs yet.

There was lots of rain and thunder and lightning overnight as we got the edges of what was hurricane Ida as it moves north. We also had a tornado watch/warning and a flash flood warning, but no damage to our house.

Wednesday we had an IEP review for Ocean's speech therapy. We feel he's progressed enough to not need it anymore, but we can't just stop without the official review. Everyone was in agreement that he has progressed past needing it, so we'll have one final meeting Friday morning, and then we'll be done. We still have to remind him about things, but he's much more intelligible. (and I don't mind having one less thing to worry about every week)

The storm was still hanging around and we got lots of rain. Since I'm still struggling with waking up early. I didn't bother trying to go for a run. The trails were way too wet, plus it was raining again. 

Essential oils are still helping, though my anxiety did get triggered a bit by an email about YW. It wasn't meant maliciously, but it came off as criticism. I can see the points she made, but most of those points have been addressed in the past or are currently being addressed or are out of my control. We're currently operating with me, one counselor, and one advisor for 26 active YW, which is not optimal. And our class presidencies are being switched out. There's stuff that's not happening because of the transition going on (I don't see the point in trying to start something or focus on something with the class presidency when I know they're being released soon), but that transition isn't necessarily happening publicly, so it's not obvious why I'm doing what I'm doing. I'm just frustrated about it. And it wasn't helped by the fact that I still need to submit names to the bishopric to fill out the leadership ranks, but the depression interfered with that process. So frustrating.


I really hate it when my anxiety gets triggered, since my meds make it worse. Talking myself down only goes so far. I can be as rational as I want in my arguments with myself as to why I shouldn't dwell on whatever is bothering me, but the anxiety is still there.

the last rocket to go up was a much larger one built by one of the YM

Thursday was a sunny day!

That evening we held our YW/YM rocket launch. It got pushed back a month or so because of rain, but Thursday evening was a beautiful evening for it and the youth had a great time. 

Friday was Ocean's last speech therapy appointment. I spent some time updating my sales page and various forms and what not. I'm in early registration right now, but next week regular registration will open for a week before closing so my next class session can start.

the larger rocket made for much more impressive pics

Saturday we cleaned the main level of the house, and I organized my workspace in the basement. This mostly consisted of me finally putting away stuff from camp and convention.

I also worked on the second version of my leather and waxed canvas crossbody bag.

Sunday I had another eyeball migraine started up just before dinner. Maybe it's hormonal? Low blood sugar from fasting? I need to check the timing on my last one to see if I can find any commonalities. I do not like getting them. 

my current sticker offerings, though I'm working on expanding them

Weekly Mileage 

Tuesday-                                                             1.0 hours outside
Thursday-                                                          1.50 hours outside
       total- 0.0 miles                             2.5 hours

2021 totals
208.5 outside hours
209.89 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment