Monday, September 13, 2021

Weekly Mileage #233 and Shingling the Shed

River helping me work on the shed roof
(my foot is pressing down on one foot of the ladder to keep it in place)

Monday I read, cleaned the kitchen with the kids, and fixed the hole in the shed roof. It's not professional grade, but it looks decent, so as long as no shingles blow off, we’re good. 

the branch that fell on the shed roof


Jeremy's patch job- the Gorilla tape actually did a decent job staying on the shingles


the stick is still in the upper hole that had to be patched

one of the branches punched through inner plywood ceiling 



all patched up

We've realized Max has PTSD. She's become hyper vigilant and walks around the house, anxiously scanning the ceilings and upper walls for bugs. She's been stung by wasps several times now, and she is on the alert for them (yet won't stay away from them, either). We don't always see her get stung. Monday afternoon it happened again, but we only knew about it because she got super clingy. Like sitting on top of my feet clingy, which she's done the other times she's been stung and isn't feeling well (also, her ears were pinned back instead of being happy floppy ears). Poor Maxi.


Tuesday after the boys' music lessons we went on a short hike. The mid-70s weather was much nicer than what we've been having.

After lunch I drove Jeremy to the VA med center for his back shot, which took most of the afternoon, as it does. We go back too late for karate as a result. I spent the evening fixing my sales page and back end of things- I'd updated my prices in one spot, but there's like 4 or 5 other spots that I had to do it as well, for 6 different items, and I hadn't realized that when I was working on it last week. I was repetitive and frustrating, but once I figured out what needed to be done, it wasn't so bad. I also had to spend some time on customer support chat to figure out how to do one aspect of the changes I was trying to make. Lots of fun.

Wednesday we did schoolwork in the morning, then I paid bills (my favorite task ever 🙄) and caught up on the miscellaneous tasks that I've been putting off. I feel like I'm forever trying to stay on top of things and failing miserably. ah well. 

I took the kids to karate, but Jeremy had to skip since his back was still sore from the shots.  

The depression has eased considerably. I'm diffusing Balance every night, plus I put it on my skin at least twice a day. I've also been using my BioMat most nights and I've used my infrared light a couple times.

the first version of my cross body bag


Thursday I went to the chiropractor, then stopped by the bank to finally change the name on my business bank account (after changing it with the state 6 months ago). With my Etsy shop updated and my PayPal account needing to be linked to my bank account (but both with the same name) it was past time to finish the transition.

In the evening we had our YW activity, which was a pool party. It was a cooler day, so not great, but the girls had fun, staying in way longer than we (the adult leaders) thought they would.

It was another narcolepsy day: I was super tired and struggling all day. I still haven't gotten back on track with my carbs. It requires extra mental effort and energy to plan and prepare the proper meals and I just haven't been in a place to do that. I need to though. My body would definitely appreciate it.

the second version of my cross body bag


Friday Ocean had his annual checkup (all good, though his weight percentile has climbed and his height percentile has fallen, which is not a good combo. hopefully he hits a growth spurt really soon), I spent some time on the computer working on emails and other fun stuff, then we went to karate.

We worked on some self defense moves this week. Tuesday Ocean was my partner (usually he's with Jeremy and I'm with Sunshine or another middle age mom), which meant I didn't get a lot out of the practice sessions in class. Friday I got to work with Jeremy, another guy in the class, and one of the male instructors. It was much more realistic, and kind of fun and empowering. Usually when we practice we're practicing movements without making contact. This time we were kneeing and punching pads as part of the exercise. I think that was the part that was empowering- actually making contact. 

These movements are for if someone is pushing you around: After the first push, you say "Stop, don't push me again!" If they come at you again, you use your arms to sweep their arms to the side as you step in the other direction. At that point, you throw a knee in their groin or stomach and follow up with a back fist to the temple and a reverse punch to the solar plexus, then you step away and disengage.

inside the 2nd cross body bag, the first didn't have any pockets


Saturday while Sunshine mowed the lawn, Jeremy and I put together the shelter for the Subaru. We wanted to finally put in a carport this fall, but metal prices are up and waitlists are long. Acorns have started falling (not much, thankfully), so it was time to get some type of covering over the Subaru to keep it from the hail damage our other vehicles have. We also weeded the flower beds, which was long overdue. The yard doesn't look quite as much like a jungle.

we'll move the shelter back next week after we get the clearing in front of the vehicles leveled and gravel spread

Weekly Mileage 

Monday-                                                            2.0 hours outside
Tuesday-              .44 miles hiked                     1.0 hours outside
Thursday-                                                         2.0 hours outside
Saturday-                                                          2.0 hours outside
       total- .44 miles                             7.0 hours

2021 totals
215.5 outside hours
210.33 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment