Monday, September 20, 2021

Weekly Mileage #234 and Our New Parking Area

Everyone look at the camera, not Ocean!

Still not quite there....

Monday evening Sunshine had a Scout Court of Honor. Received some merit badges and her Star rank patch. 

Rather a blah day, other than that.

Tuesday we had music lessons and on the way home we had to pick up the second half of our grocery order that wasn't put in our car Monday night when we stopped at Kroger after Scouts. So frustrating- it was out of the way and took time I hadn't wanted to spend on it.

That afternoon we had a load of gravel delivered. We wanted recycled asphalt millings, which we've had delivered on two previous occasions, but we couldn't find anyone willing to deliver to our house. We ended up settling for a load of gravel and we'll cover it with RAM when we can find some.

In the evening we went to karate and Ocean finally got his last two stripes so he could graduate with the rest of us on Friday. We did a run-through of what we'll do at the graduation ceremony, which includes 10 pushups. I did them all as full pushups! no knees this time. I can't lower myself and hold as close to the floor as I'd like, but I can lower and raise myself. My upper body strength is improving!

Our instructor (the same guy from last week) made the point that when we practice our universals, we should be putting force into them. A universal is essentially the moves you'd make in a given attack situation. So just going through the moves isn't that effective. Even when practicing them, we should be throwing our weight into them. I hadn't thought of it that way. 

Wednesday I ran some errands and had a presidency meeting with my new counselors. I'm excited to be a bit more functional than we've been in a while- a full presidency (we haven't had a secretary in a really long time) with a secretary who is really good at keeping track of the details, which is what I need right now.

Thursday I packed and shipped tool kits for my course and a bucket order.

I also finished updating my sales page. I had to switch it over to the waitlist page since registration is closed, I needed to update the dates for the next session, etc.

For YW, we were supposed to photograph graves, but it was rainy, so we did some family history stuff at the church. We asked some "how well do you know" questions about them and their families, which got some good discussions going. Surprisingly good discussions and responses, even from those who are typically pretty quiet.

Friday we went to park day in the morning and in the evening we had our karate graduation. It was held indoors, in a gym with no AC, and we had to wear masks. Needless to say, we were all hot and sweaty.

Saturday we paid a guy to come and level the area where we had the tree taken down a couple years ago, and then he spread the gravel. It was cheaper, quicker, and a better job was done than if we'd rented a bobcat again. Last time we rented a bobcat, we got it mostly leveled, but there's mounds along the outer edges and it was still pretty bumpy in the middle.

Now the area is now useable for parking and for the shipping container that will be delivered on Tuesday. We need it for storage: primarily for my business stuff, but also for random household stuff that we just don't have space for or the energy to deal with right now.


The shipping container will go to the left of the vehicles. Then we'll move the Subaru cover to be next to it so we can tie the cover to the container so it doesn't blow away. We're still deciding on the parking arrangements for the other cars, but regardless of what we decide, we have a lot more turn around room now. So much more than we used to have.


The angle on this old picture below doesn't really convey how small and narrow the driveway was, but there really wasn't a lot of room to maneuver or park. In the picture above, the bottom left corner is about where the tree in the middle of the photo below used to be.


I'm feeling better overall. The depression is pretty much gone (a huge indicator is that I'm feeling motivated to get work done), but I'm still struggling in the mornings. That's a narcolepsy issue rather than a depression issue, but it's still a frustrating one. I'd really like to be able to get up earlier and be functional, but it's proving to be more elusive than I'd hoped/was afraid it would be. I'm not giving up on it, it's just a work in progress.

Weekly Mileage 

Monday-                                                           1.5 hours outside
Tuesday-                                                           1.0 hours outside
Friday-                                                              2.0 hours outside
Saturday-                                                          1.0 hours outside
       total- 0.0 miles                             5.5 hours

2021 totals
221.0 outside hours
210.33 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment