Monday, July 12, 2021

Weekly Mileage #224 and YW Camp Prep


It rained Sunday night, so I wasn't able to go for a run Monday morning. I spent most of the day sewing. Since we were coming off the Fourth of July weekend, there was no Scouts or music lessons this week. 

Tuesday it was dry enough for me to take Max for a hike. It was too hot to run. Then I worked on pockets most of the rest of the day. We skipped karate since the kids picked up some crud last week and were snotting and coughing all weekend.

I attended a zoom meeting for those teaching classes at camp. It should be fun, but I realized just how much I need to get done still this summer and how quickly time is speeding by.

Wednesday I took a hike with Max, then had my accountability call and worked on more pockets. 

Thursday I finally finished sewing this batch of pockets, other than sewing the buckles onto the waist straps.

The kids were feeling better, though I've got a sore throat now, so we went to karate that evening. We all wore masks to try to minimize any germ sharing and made sure to use hand sanitizer after class. We neglected to last week, which must be why we were able to bring home germs from the mats at karate.


Friday I Glowforged two signs for my display stand I'll take to the convention next month. They need to be framed out, but I'm happy with how they turned out.

it still has the protective paper on it, so it doesn't look  super impressive here

I used my hydraulic press and clicker dies to cut out 140 little pouches. I won't need them all for YW camp, but better too many than too few, and I can use leftovers for other things. I started cutting out bracelets from the scraps for camp and convention. It's much quicker than cutting by hand, but slower than using a clicker press, which i'm hoping to buy later this year.

I also started making the examples I'll show the girls. And we went to karate that afternoon, in between all the work I put in.

Saturday I bought the materials to build my display stand for convention and started building it.

I also finished cutting out the bracelets.

I just need to cut some tags for stamping names on and order a few more items that it turns out I don't have enough of. 

From there, I need to gather the tools I need and find a quote or two and write out some instructions. 

OK, so there's still a lot to do, but honestly, cutting out all the leather pieces really was the time consuming part of this particular project.

I laid on the bio mat for a couple hours before going to sleep. I felt better (between the kids' crud and standing for hours on a cement floor I wasn't feeling wonderful), but it messed up my sleep cycle a bit and I had a hard time going to sleep. That hasn't happened before, and I'm not sure why it did this time.

Sunday we had a snafu with masks during YW. It reminded me that in-person church is just as stressful as virtual church. On the other hand, I was discussing things with our new bishop (called a month or so ago) about things before church (and its attendant stress). I'm past the two year mark in this calling but barring something unforeseen, the earliest I'll be released is early spring next year or fall next year (better times for a hand off than end of year/beginning of year or summer).

I sat on the bio mat while I sewed the sides of the examples for camp, and it didn't mess up my sleep this time.

Weekly Mileage 

Tuesday-     1.52 miles hiked                       .5  hours outside
Wednesday-   1.60 miles hiked                    .5  hours outside
       total- 3.12 miles             1.0 hours

2021 totals
152.5 outside hours
190.55 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment