Monday, July 26, 2021

Weekly Mileage #226 and the Photoshoot



This is the first of two weeks with Sunshine at camp. I have to adjust my schedule a bit: no taking Max for a hike after Jeremy has left for work, I'll have to get up early enough to do it before he leaves.

Monday I stopped by Lowes for a few more pieces for my display stand, then dropped off an order at the post office.

When I got home, I worked on my display stand. My first version was too narrow to be stable, so I widened the base. Then I cut and attached leather straps to hold the planks. After I detached the planks from the straps, I sanded the wood, cut the trim for my signs, and spray painted the metal bars.

I also worked on a custom bucket order (larger than I usually make) and worked on the handles I had cut earlier.

Tuesday the boys had music lessons. Since Sunshine was at camp, the boys had the whole hour to themselves and they even played together for a bit. 

When we got home, I stained the wood for the display stand. I managed to do it during the half hour or so of direct sunlight that the basement patio gets. Poor timing on my part.

Then I worked on finishing the designs for shirts, stickers, and my booth banner for the convention. And I worked a little on the talk I'll be giving on Sunday.

That afternoon I stopped by the post office to mail the custom order, then we went to karate class.

I struggled with my narcolepsy on Tuesday. I had a hard time staying awake all day, so I stayed in bed late on Wednesday to make sure I was as well rested as possible. I felt better when I did finally get up and moving.

During my accountability call I folded hems on pockets to prepare them for sewing. I'm starting to run low on time and need to multitask as much as possible. After the call, I worked on my display stand a bit more.


Thursday I took the boys to the local park to do a photo shoot with of the buckets and pockets in use. This was long overdue and sorely needed for my marketing materials.

Something I'm eating is giving me problems- like mild glutened problems, though I'm not eating anything with gluten. I've narrowed it down to a keto granola and a keto cracker that are bothering me, now I need to compare ingredients and figure out which one is the issue. This is frustrating since I need to be able to eat low carb foods, but not if they make my stomach hurt.


Friday I had a slow start to the day, but I finally placed the order for my banner and t-shirts for the homeschool convention.

We had karate class and I worked on convention and camp prep. I'm running out of time for both.

Saturday I took apart the display stand to paint the backs of the planks since they could be seen (my OCD at work) and to drill holes for the hooks.

Sunshine returned from Scout camp, where she had a fun time, despite a slightly rocky start (she was ready to come home after the first couple days, but we convinced her to stay and stick it out).

I gathered and sorted tools for the projects for YW camp and worked on the instructions and my packing list to make sure I wouldn't forget anything.

Sunday I had ward council, then I spoke in sacrament meeting. I received some gratifying compliments on both my talk and my speaking ability. After church we had a youth planning meeting for activities for the next 5 or 6 months, now that we can actually plan combined activities again.

We celebrated Ocean's birthday on Saturday, once Sunshine got home. Like last year, he requested a roll cake with berries (strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries). Yum!

Weekly Mileage 

Tuesday-                                                        1.0  hours outside
Thursday-   2.13 miles hiked                        1.5  hours outside
       total- 2.13 miles             2.5 hours

2021 totals
157.0 outside hours
195.30 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment