Monday, March 22, 2021

Weekly Mileage #208 and Course Progress

Monday I was still super tired from the weekend. I've been doing a lot better up till now, so the last couple of days have been an unpleasant experience.

I skipped a hike with Max and worked on my sales page most of the day. I'm almost done with it. I had planned to launch my course on Tuesday or Wednesday, but I won't be able to finish up the rest of the things I need to do to in time for that to happen. So I'm pushing it back one more week. For the last time. This has taken so much longer than I ever thought it would.

Sunshine and I had Scouts in person that evening. She had a Scoutmaster interview, which she needs for rank advancement. We had hoped she'd be able to advance in rank this month, but she has to wait another 3 months because she didn't have a leadership role in the last 9 months (she only needed 4 months of leadership while at this rank!). We're so frustrated with her right now. She's way too good at procrastinating and not sticking to a schedule.

Tuesday I was still tired, but not as bad. I went on a hike with Max, then did music and speech before heading out to get groceries.

Sunshine met with her MB counselor and finally got her Citizenship in the Community MB passed off. She started it back in October or November 2019. (see earlier frustration...) She finally finished the last requirements Tuesday morning.

After getting groceries, I worked on my sales page, sales funnel, and checkout process. I'm getting closer to being done.

I've had a pocket idea for awhile, and decided it was way past time to get it finalized. I whipped this one up before our hike, but it needs some tweaking before I'll be ready to add it to my shop. Ocean promptly filled it with wild onion grass when we arrived at the park.

Wednesday we went on a chilly hike with friends.

mist on a spider web

checking out an old cemetery near an old homestead in the park

After my accountability call, I spent more time on my sales page and forms. It's slow and frustrating, though. I go to do one thing and find out I need to do three other things for that one thing to happen. Despite the delays, I am making good progress.


the boys were playing hide and seek, and River hid up the tree 🤣

he really likes climbing trees, but none of the trees at our house have branches low enough for climbing

That evening, Sunshine passed off her Cooking MB. She only needs to pass off her Personal Fitness MB (she should be done, just needs to confer with her MB counselor), and she'll have all the merit badges she needs for rank advancement. 

Thursday was rainy, so I skipped a hike with Max and spent the day on the computer. 

Friday after a walk with Max I spent a lot more time on the computer: tightening up my sales pages, checkout pages, course home page, all the tedious little details that end up taking a lot longer than I think they should.

Saturday morning Max and I went for a walk, then I spent more time on the computer. I worked on the flyer for a homeschool convention that's coming up and finished up a couple details on my course site. I have one thing left to do on it, but I need to wait till Monday to contact customer service and get their help with it (it's not something I can do).

There was a regional (9 stake) leadership training broadcast after lunch, and I worked on my pocket design while listening. The design is not coming together quite as quickly as I'd like. There's certain details I'm trying to incorporate that just aren't working how I want them to. A little frustrating.

Afterwards I worked a little on the email sequences for those who sign up for the course and those who sign up for the waitlist. These still need more work, but I should be able to get them done Monday, in time to open registration Tuesday morning.

That evening Sunshine and I watched a youth devotional for our region. Elder Rasband was the lead on it, and part of both sessions I watched included Q&A parts, where some participants were able to ask questions and have them answered by Elder Rasband or one of the other General Authorities in attendance. Pretty neat experience.


Weekly Mileage
Tuesday-  1.90 miles hiked               .5 hours outside
Wednesday- 2.79 miles hiked           2 hours outside
Friday- 1.90 miles walked                 .5 hours outside
Saturday- 1.86 miles walked             .5 hours outside
       total- 8.45 miles              3.5 hours

2021 totals
54.5 outside hours
106.48 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment