Monday, January 18, 2021

Weekly Mileage #199 and Leatherwork Merit Badge Workshop

Monday I was still feeling worn down from Saturday. I did take Max for a trail run in the morning, but ended up taking it easy the rest of the day in an effort to recover sooner. I'm not sure if that worked, but it was a nice thought.

Sunshine had her first day of seminary.

River's tooth fell out!

Tuesday I was still tired and I didn't sleep well. I woke up at 6 because Ocean was creeping down the stairs to get on the computer. I told him to get back in bed and stay in bed till his alarm went off at 8, but disrupted sleep always makes me feel worse. I didn't take Max for a run.

how many little boys can you find?

While I was tired, I managed to finish clearing up the basement: 3 more bags of trash, boxes for recycling, etc. We still have a (smaller) pile of bins in the bedroom to finish going through, but the pile of stuff that Jeremy couldn't face sorting has shrunk at least.

I also cleaned out my desk upstairs- mail, receipts, etc that I shove in a drawer until I have time to sort them. Some will be shredded, some to will be saved, some filed away for tax purposes. 

That pile of bins in the bedroom, plus the bedroom closet and my craft cupboard are all that's left to sort, but I will get to them later. For now it's time to re-focus on my sales page. My original timeline had me launching my early bird registration today, but I've decided against doing an early bird registration. If I had a larger audience, it would make sense, but I don't, so it doesn't. 

I still need to finish my sales page so it's ready to go, as well as my other tasks: webinar prep, email funnels, pdfs for the course, videoing the course. Lots to do.

the elusive teenager is sighted!

Wednesday I went for a trail run with Max. I didn't have an accountability call this week, which worked out well. I ran a couple errands then went to my cardiology appointment. It's probably just tachycardia, but at the end of the month I go in for an ultrasound of my heart to make sure there's no structural issues and to get a monitor put on. I'll wear the monitor for two weeks, then go back in to talk about the results. 

Thursday after speech therapy we went for a hike with friends. We found a good play spot in the woods for the boys when we don't want to go down to the river and get wet. We took Max with us and she was very disappointed that she wasn't able to run on the trails.

we found an unmarked geocache- pretty sure it got moved from somewhere else in the park, just not sure which one

Friday I went for a trail run with Max. Then I started prepping for the leatherwork MB workshop. I wrote out instructions, converted a paper pattern to a pattern on my laptop (needs some tweaking, but it's close), and prepped the leather and tools.

I also started working on tweaking my branding. My shop name doesn't include "leather" in the name, and I recently realized that it really needs to. I also realized that if I'm going to tweak my branding, it needs to happen right now, while I'm still working on my course, so I can have everything ready for when my cart opens (and so I can order stickers and tape with my new logo on it). 

he lost another tooth!


Saturday I held two sessions of the leatherwork MB workshop. I had two girls in the morning and three in the afternoon. Each session was three hours, but I think I'll do one four session in the future, with three Scouts max. I did get some good notes on things to check before I finalize projects for my course, as well as notes on things to emphasize.

And yes, we met in our basement, which was part of the reason I was pushing so hard to get the basement decluttered. We needed room to walk around and work, and it wasn't possible with all the stuff we had done there before.

my morning session Scouts with their projects- the bracelets and the wallets

I also worked on my branding. I'm thinking of changing it from Oak Hollow Cottage to Oak Hollow Leatherworks. But maybe I should just change the name entirely? I'm trying to decide if it's worth the hassle. How big a deal is it to change the name of my company with the state?

We got a little bit of snow Saturday afternoon!

Recovering from overdoing it last Saturday took longer than I'd hoped. But I did have an epiphany. Feeling crummy after spending the day cleaning is why I don't clean the house more. The side effects aren't worth the effort. The kids have their chores, but they don't keep the house as clean as I'd like. I can't wait till we're in a position to pay a cleaner to come in on a regular basis.

Weekly Mileage
Monday- 2.51 miles run and hiked        .5 hours outside
Wednesday- 2.08 miles run and hiked    .5 hours outside
Thursday- 1.89 miles hiked           2 hours outside
Friday- 2.25 miles run and hiked    .5 hours outside
       total- 8.73 miles              3.5 hours

2021 totals
11 outside hours
27.95 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment