Monday, January 11, 2021

Weekly Mileage #198 and Super Early Spring Cleaning



Monday I skipped getting groceries to focus on working on my course sales page, domain forwarding, etc. Each task takes time, so switching back and forth between tasks is effective, but I do have a hard time remembering to check on the task that's running in the background. 


Sunshine had her sleep appointment via telehealth. The doc is not concerned about her insomnia and wants her to get on a schedule of lights out at 11, up at 7:30. We can revisit in a month if it's not helping. This doctor is the main guy at the sleep clinic I go to- I see the NP. I'm glad I see her, rather than him. He's much more abrasive and not nearly as good at listening. But I think hearing what he had to say was good for Sunshine, which reinforced a lot of what we've been telling her. Sometimes you just need to hear it from someone else.


Tuesday morning I went for a trail run with Max, then we had music lessons and speech therapy, then I went grocery shopping. Over the holidays we had two weeks off of most commitments and it was so nice. It's kinda hard to go back to all the commitments.

Switching my grocery shopping day from Monday to Tuesday will be a good thing for my work schedule. When I did it on Mondays, I never had much energy left to get anything done. Tuesday is a more disjointed day (and therefore less productive) and much better for getting the grocery shopping done.

Wednesday I went for another trail run, had my accountability call, then did more sales page work. It's slow going. Writing sales copy is not my strong suit, but it's getting there.


We also met friends for a hike at a park in town we haven't been to since before the shutdown. Most people had masks, but we didn't. Oops. I'm so used to not worrying about it because there's fewer people at the park closer to home. It was nice to just let the kids dawdle, play, and explore. Taking the mileage goal out of the equation is much more conducive to quality time outdoors. 


In the evening, Sunshine and I went to her first official youth dive club meeting. So far, most members are boys, but there is another girl Sunshine's age, and the daughter/sister of one of the other adult volunteers/youth will be joining soon, and she's also Sunshine's age. 


Thursday I went for a trail run, did speech therapy with Ocean, and worked some more on my sales page. We had YW class activities in the evening and I worked on the leatherwork merit badge projects the girls will be doing. I tried some tooling, since it's one of the techniques they can demonstrate, but it's still not my favorite.

Friday after my trail run I finished the leatherwork MB projects, then took photos and and made an info sheet to send out to the troop.


That afternoon I had my follow up appointment with my doc about the meds I'm on. Most of the side effects have disappeared (the remaining ones are nausea, if I take it on an empty stomach; and flushing of the skin on my shins, which also used to be in the upper left quadrant of my face. It's weird, but not troublesome). I am feeling a lot less stressed out than usual, which has been nice. It's not something I would have gone to the doctor and requested medication for, but it is a nice side effect, especially right now, when I've got a lot going on with getting my course launched. She renewed my prescription and we'll check everything again when I have my annual physical with her in a couple weeks. She'd asked if I'd noticed any difference in fatigue or with my hormones, and I said no. But thinking about it later that day and the next, I realized that it has helped with fatigue. I was awake at 7:30 every morning this week and went for a trail run or hike every day. Last time I did something similar, I was exhausted and stressed out the last half of the week.


We bought a safe last week and at 10pm I decided to clean out the basement closet to make room for it. Then I had to figure out what to put back in, and how to fit it all in, which led to me pulling everything out so I could sort it all.


Saturday after a trail run with Max and my friend C (first time in forever, our schedules just don't match up well these days), I continued decluttering. I ended up decluttering most of the basement: the laundry room, shelves at the bottom of the staircase, main room, and closet under the stairs. I still have to do the bathroom, bedroom and bedroom closet.


I was pretty ruthless with the decluttering and ended up with lots of cardboard, some plastic containers, 14 bags of trash, plus 4 more from the aftermath of the toolkits. And I still have more decluttering to do. For the first time in a long while, there's open space on shelves!


I did get a bit manic with the decluttering, but it's nice to have made so much progress. It's a big, exhausting job, which is why I haven't done it sooner. I definitely over extended myself, but foam rolling and laying on the Biomat helped me feel less crummy than I would have otherwise on Sunday. I still didn't feel great, but I did feel better than I expected. I did feel very tired, and I haven't had daytime sleepiness this bad in quite some time.

For all the decluttering I got done, I still have the worst to do. We've been storing boxes and bins in the basement bedroom that need to be gone through. Some of it is Jeremy's papers, some is papers that need to be shredded, there's some old electronics need to be recycled, etc. If I have the time and energy, I need to tackle that pile this coming week. If I can work my way through it, we can finally call a document shredding company and get rid of the boxes of papers that need to be shredded that have been sitting in the garden shed for way too long.

River is super excited to have another loose tooth!

Last semester Sunshine was in a seminary class that was mostly online, with 1 live (zoom) class a week (well, twice a week because of scheduling issues). She liked the zoom classes, but hated the online lessons. In the interest of helping her have a more positive seminary experience, we switched her to a zoom only class this semester. Her old class started on Monday, but we hadn't heard anything from her new teachers. I made her get up every morning anyway, to start getting in the habit, and we finally heard from one of her teachers Sunday- they start Monday. 

We've been teaching Max to shut the door when she comes back inside after being on the back deck. She quickly decided she could ring the bell to go out, we'd open the door so she could go out, she'd close it without going out, and she'd get a treat. It worked once, then we told her she had to actually go outside in order to get a treat for shutting the door.

Weekly Mileage
Monday- 1.8 miles hiked                  .5 hours outside
Tuesday- 2.47 miles run and hiked    .5 hours outside
Wednesday- 1.78 miles run and hiked    .5 hours outside
Wednesday- 1.67 miles hiked            1.5 hours outside
Thursday- 1.91 miles hiked            .5 hours outside
Friday- 2.23 miles run and hiked    .5 hours outside
Saturday- 1.82 miles run and hiked    .5 hour outside + 1.5 hours
        2021 total- 13.68 miles                6 hours

2021 totals
7.5 outside hours
19.22 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment