Monday, January 4, 2021

Weekly Mileage #197 and the New Year's Day 5k

Monday I was still fighting a bit of a head cold. It never got terrible, but it wanted to, so I took it easy in hopes of heading it off.

I worked on my course projects: writing out instructions as I make the projects, making sure the order is correct and the materials needed are correct and accurate.

I'm paying Sunshine to sort through all the tool kits. She's pulling the tools out of the broken cases and putting them in gallon ziplock bags while checking to make sure everything is there, removing extraneous packaging, and adding the beeswax and jeweler's paste that were sent separately (they couldn't come over on the boat because they're pastes or something). She'll do the same with the unbroken cases as well, but those should go a lot faster, and they'll stay in their cases. I always planned on this being done (checking for all items, removing packaging, and adding the beeswax and jeweler's paste), but the extra work of putting kits back together was definitely not planned.

I was able to salvage some of the cases. The two sides are the same, so when I disconnected the hinges, I was able to separate the broken half from the unbroken half. Enough had damage to both sides though, that I was only able to put four cases back together out of 24 damaged cases. Better than nothing, though.  

Once I get a final tally from Sunshine on what's missing, I'll contact the company and see what needs to be/can be done. This is way too time intensive and wasteful to happen every time I place an order.

Tuesday I took Max for a trail run. I ran a little harder run than I probably should have, but she really needed it and was so happy to get outside for a run. We've been on most of the outer trails and the major inner trails, but this time we went on one of the criss crossing trails we haven't investigated yet.


I love seeing the difference in the trees throughout the park.

After our run, I dropped off some treat bags to some of my YW (I had planned on doing it Sunday after church, but wasn't feeling up to it), then finally got Max's dog license since I was at that end of the county. My timing was good- it's good for a full year and we don't need to renew till next year this time (renewals occur every January).

On the way home, I stopped at wally world for some plastic bins- a wrapping paper holder for waxed canvas and a sturdy one for tool kits. Great timing on my part, since I never see wrapping paper bins except right after Christmas.

Then I prepped for a presidency meeting, held our presidency meeting, and got a little bit of work done before bed time. I was still feeling a bit off. I'm not out of the woods yet with this cold.

I've been thinking about my goals for 2021. I know what they are, and I want to get them written down sooner, rather than later, so that post will be coming in the next week or so.

Wednesday I went for a hike with Max, then had my accountability call. Afterwards I worked on a notebook for our chiropractor who's retiring in a couple months. I didn't quite get it where I want it- it's a new design, and it still needs some more work. I'd wanted to take it to my appointment Thursday morning, but I'll have to wait till my next appointment to bring it in.

Thursday I went to the chiropractor and ran some errands. I worked some more on the notebook design, and I feel like I'm close.

I also worked on the course projects. I'm just about done with the written tutorials for the projects, then it will be time to get moving on my sales and marketing efforts. Course pre-launch is in just a couple weeks!

Since it was New Years Eve, we played some board games and card games while watching Harry Potter movies. River stayed up with us and didn't go to bed till almost 1, but was pretty zoned out towards the end. He wanted to stay up till 5 (I have no idea why), but we told him that wasn't happening.

Ocean didn't last nearly as long as River. At one point in the middle of our game, he stood up and left the room. After a while, I went and checked on him since we hadn't seen or heard him in awhile. He'd put himself to bed and was out for the count. He's done this before, but it doesn't happen very often. It's interesting that it happens at all, since he's the one who has the hardest time shutting off and going to sleep at night. This may mean he's a night owl, though I really don't see that one, since he wakes up so early in the morning, regardless of when he went to sleep the night before.

we all got work gloves in our stockings. here's my old ones passing the baton to my new ones. the gaping holes in the thumb and third finger made them pretty useless.


Friday was New Years Day, which usually means I run a 5k. Our usual New Years Day 5k was moved to a different location and held in a socially distant manner (waves with limited numbers of people), so I almost signed up for it. After some thought, I decided not to. I'm glad I didn't - it rained all morning and the grassy field the race was being held on had to be slicker than snot. 

The rain let up around noon, so Max and I headed out for our New Years Day 5k. Much to her disgust, we only walked. Running with cramps is horribly uncomfortable and a bit painful (another reason I'm glad I didn't sign up for the race). While it was still cold and damp, we didn't get rained on, so that's a win. It was a good start for the year. It rained more in the afternoon and evening, so our timing was impeccable.

I thought about getting some work done downstairs, but decided to stay upstairs and work on my laptop. Paying bills, catching up on posts (again), etc.

Saturday the trails were still wet, so Max and I did another paved path run.

Jeremy took Sunshine to a local high school track for one of the tests for her personal fitness merit badge while I worked on my final two course projects (two wallet variations). Now it's time to focus on my sales page, email sequences, and so on.

Random thought I had this week:

If my calculations are correct, Jeremy and I are now the age that his parents were when we got married. Mind blown. 

Weekly Mileage
Tuesday- 2.59 miles run and hiked
Wednesday- 1.86 miles hiked
2020 total- 4.45 miles

Friday- 3.19 miles walked    1 hour outside
Saturday- 2.35 miles run and walked    .5 hour outside
2021 total- 5.54 miles

2020 totals
72 hikes towards #52hikechallenge
0 kayak miles towards #365milechallenge
277.50 outdoor foot miles towards #365milechallenge
22.50 indoor foot miles towards #365milechallenge
310.0 bike miles towards #365milechallenge
610.00 miles total

2021 totals
1.5 outside hours
5.54 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment