Monday, January 25, 2021

Weekly Mileage #200 and Ziplining over the Zoo

Monday morning Sunshine and I participated in a service project so she could get service hours for rank advancement. We deepened a drainage ditch and hauled and spread gravel in a pedestrian tunnel that floods when it rains hard.

It was hard physical work, but it was only two and a half hours, so it didn't completely wear me out. 

I continued to think about my branding over the weekend. I was looking at logo templates on a site I buy fonts and stuff from, and found a logo that I liked that also spurred the decision to completely change my business name.

Oak Hollow Cottage is now True North Leatherworks


I picked Oak Hollow Cottage five years ago, when I really didn't know where I was going with the business and I wanted the flexibility of a non-specific name. Five years on, I know where I'm going with it and I need a more specific name. I haven't been loving the Oak Hollow Cottage name for awhile and had already started thinking about whether I'd rebrand when we move to Idaho (because I overthink things like that). 

I realized that if I ever want to change my name, now is the time to do it. I don't have a huge following and customer base and I haven't launched my course yet. If I quickly rebrand now, it will eliminate confusion and problems later on. It does add stress now, but that's nothing new. 

A good part of the week was spent finalizing my logos (variations for different uses), designing stickers for my course (a sticker pack is one of the bonuses I'll be including), buying domains, making sure everything forwards/points in the right direction, and building a new shopify site. I briefly looked up how to move a site from one domain to another, but didn't find a good answer. I ultimately decided to just use the existing one as a template to build the new one. I like the layout, so all I changed was tweaking the colors a bit. 

Oh, and I also had an order come in for a waxed canvas bag that needed to be sewn (I have some on hand, but not that particular color) and shipped. Things have been quiet on the order front, which has been nice as I've taken advantage of that to focus on my course.

Tuesday after taking Max for a run (dearly needed after missing it three days in a row) and music lessons and speech therapy, I did the grocery shopping. Moving the grocery shopping from Monday to Tuesday afternoon is making a much better use of my time. I'm able to be productive on Monday, and since Tuesday is always questionable as to how productive I am, I just don't worry about trying to work after I get home (and am really too exhausted to think about being productive).


Wednesday I went for a trail run then took Sunshine to the orthodontist. If all goes as planned, Sunshine is about half way through.


Thursday I went for a trail run, then did speech therapy with Ocean. We had our weekly play date at our house so I could get some work done, though I wasn't quite as productive as I'd hoped. 

I did work on a canvas bucket order before YW. River had his first Activity Days meeting while Sunshine and I had YW. Since he turns 8 this year, he gets to join in. He was super excited!


Friday I went for a trail run with Max. When I returned, I finished the handle on the canvas bucket, then prepped it to ship.


I had my physical/med checkin. I needed my Scout physical forms filled out. I also needed a pap smear since my last one was when Ocean was born, five and a half years ago. The hysterosalpingogram I had back in 2003ish was such a traumatic experience that I really don't like anyone messing around down there. I always hated the exam parts of being pregnant/going into labor. The doc would sit there and say "relax, relax", and I'm laying there, breathing slowly and deeply, willing myself to relax, with minimal success.  The doc who delivered River had really thick, rough fingers, which is a terrible physical characteristic for an obgyn to have. I still remember him checking to see how dilated I was (only a tiny bit, since I go from not dilated to fully dilated in about 20-30 minutes) with his fat fingers. Shudder. Did not help ease the PTSD. Thankfully, my current doc is a woman and understands how trauma can impact these experiences. She did a great job- gentle, didn't hurt, talked me through it. Logically, I know I shouldn't worry about it, but my body doesn't agree.


I took a little break from rebranding tasks to start a waxed canvas and leather pack. We have a Scout hike next weekend that I think would be a great photo op for a waxed canvas and leather pack. I sketched out a design a while ago, but haven't made the time to make one. 


Saturday I went for a trail run with Max and my friend C. Then Sunshine and I drove to the Richmond zoo and went ziplining with her Scout troop. It was a lot of fun and much better than the ropes course we did a couple months ago, which didn't have any ziplining at all. This one had a good ratio of zips and challenges, and some of the zips were nice and long! It was really cool to zip over parts of the zoo.

Weekly Mileage
Monday- 2.00 miles walked           2.5 hours outside
Tuesday- 2.09 miles run and hiked    .5 hours outside
Wednesday- 2.05 miles run and hiked    .5 hours outside
Thursday- 2.27 miles run and hiked           .5 hours outside
Friday- 1.82 miles run and hiked        .5 hours outside
Saturday- 1.95 mild run and hiked    .5 hours outside
       total- 12.18 miles              9.5 hours

2021 totals
20.5 outside hours
40.13 miles


No comments:

Post a Comment