Monday, February 17, 2020

Weekly Mileage #151 and the Rainy Week

Ocean "helping" sort daddy's stuff

It rained Monday morning and it was supposed to rain all week, so I decided to run on the treadmill instead of the trail. My foot didn't hurt while running (.5 + .5 +.5) but it wasn't super happy later, and it was stiff and sore the next few days. I knew it would take a while to heal, but I'd hoped it would be a bit further along by now.

I took advantage of the rainy weather and spent Tuesday and Wednesday working.

By Thursday night, I hit a milestone. I'm finally caught up on my travel site posts, my membership site is updated, I've updated my Etsy listings to reflect that I won't be guaranteeing overnight shipping and if you want a rush order, you'll pay extra for it (I did some on Saturday, but then went back and changed the wording a bit this week). I've also migrated my listings to my Shopify site.

I used to have a blog for my handmade notebooks company and I wanted to add a store option to it. After doing some research, I found the best option was to shut the wordpress site down and use Shopify to build a shop with a blog, rather than trying to add a shop to the blog. This gives me two sales options to direct people to. Etsy sends people to my listings, but they also can shut me down at any time, for any stupid reason, and my customer info isn't my own, and the fees..... . Hosting my own store means I do have to send traffic to it, but my customers are my own and the fees are cheaper.

I'm feeling like I'm finally getting on top of things. That two day work retreat was key in getting me to this point. Definitely something to do again.

Friday we had a youth service project of babysitting for parents in the ward. It was successful, and went really well, but it was difficult to get enough adult leaders to commit to help. Don't think we'll do it on a holiday next time.

Saturday we were going to drive to an RV dealership in Pennsylvania to check out a trailer we're considering. There's limited info available online, so we want to see it in person and see whether it's worth keeping an eye on it. From what I've seen online, it looks like it would be a good fit. We'll have to get rid of our RV first, but the planner in me wants to know what to look for and what it will cost us.

I called Friday to make sure it was still there before we drove seven hours round trip, only to find out it was sold a week or so earlier :( The salesman thought they might have one coming in for an RV show next Saturday, so he'll check and get back to me.

Since our plans fell through, we spent some time sorting through Jeremy's three trunks and two large duffel bags of military gear. Disgustingly, we only managed to get rid of the the two large duffel bags. After rearranging stuff, those bags have been replaced with giant ziplock vacuum bags full of old uniforms and boots that we're going to try to donate to an ROTC program somewhere. Hopefully they can use them. From what we can tell, no one else wants them, but it feels sooo wasteful to chuck them, and donating them to Goodwill isn't the greatest idea either.

I'd hoped to actually get rid of some of it, but all we did was rearrange it into "stuff he might need for drill", "stuff he's got accountability for, but is unlikely to actually need", and "misc crap that we still can't get rid of". We might be able to winnow that last trunk a bit more....

-------

I was talking to a friend about chronic illness diagnosis. She mentioned how nice it was to finally have a diagnosis, which led to effective treatment for her. It got me thinking- while I'm still unmedicated, I do have my symptoms under better control due to my supplements and lifestyle changes. And when I do have a bad day, I know what to try to get me through the day. Having a diagnosis really does make a difference.

But. I am having second thoughts about being unmedicated. My symptoms are so up and down. There is no flat line, this is what it is every day. Lately I've been struggling more with insomnia, which always makes me less able to handle life. I'm still more productive than I was before my diagnosis, but the tired always catches me up when the insomnia is worse. I need to get back on keto/low carb, but I am starting to consider the heavy duty night time meds- they've helped others lose weight, sleep better, and feel better. All things I could use right now. If doing keto doesn't help me sleep better at night, I will need to go back to the doc.

Weekly Mileage
Monday- 3.00 mile treadmill walk/run
Thursday- 10.00 mile bike ride
total- 13.00 miles

2020 totals
7 hikes towards #52hikechallenge
0 kayak miles towards #365milechallenge
27.74 outdoor foot miles towards #365milechallenge
4.50 indoor foot miles towards #365milechallenge
40.0 bike miles towards #365milechallenge
72.24 miles total

No comments:

Post a Comment