Monday, February 3, 2020

Weekly Mileage #149 and the Work Getaway


Monday I ran errands then went on a hike. I'd wanted to try running, but I was feeling very low energy, so I ran my errands first in an effort to feel better. I wore my trail running shoes which are much more flexible than my hiking shoes. It only took a couple steps on the trail to realize my foot is not ready for running yet. It didn't appreciate the hike too much, thankfully it was less rocky than last week's hike. I'd probably have done better to wear my hiking shoes, but I was holding out hope that I'd be able to run. I miss my trail runs!


Tuesday we went to the VA for Jeremy's back appointment after music lessons. I had to park forever far away from the hospital. People were parking in fire lanes, up on the grass, wherever they thought they could get a spot. It's just ridiculous that there's such a shortage. Picking up patients is an issue as well. Valet parking has taken over the main entrance, which I didn't realize. We got blocked in when it was time to pick up Jeremy. He has to leave in a wheelchair and isn't supposed to drive for 24 hours. Next time if I can't find parking close by, we're using valet parking. Which is free. So weird.


Wednesday was a busy morning. I dropped off the CRV for an oil change and tire rotation and 190k maintenance check. Thank goodness for shuttles. I got back in time to eat breakfast then head to the salon with Sunshine. We both got our hair thinned and ends trimmed. So far it hasn't helped with my current round of headaches, but in general it will. I then ran some errands on the way home. Jeremy was home with the boys and letting the heating/ac tech in for a belated fall/winter checkup.


I spent some time with the Glowforge and etched some leather labels for notebooks. Working on some ideas.

Thursday I rode my bike, did laundry, and got stuff ready for my work getaway. I did a bit more etching of label ideas as well as a cover for an order. Then I dropped some stuff off at the AirBnB I'd reserved for my work getaway. After YW that night, I took Sunshine home, gathered a few more things, then went to the AirBnB.

Friday I worked on my membership site, then took a break for a quick trail run to get my blood flowing and try to get rid of the omnipresent headache. Then it was back to work. There were just a couple twinges in my foot while I was running, but it wasn't super happy when I stopped running. Feels like good progress though.


Saturday I finally finished my membership site, and then I moved on to email automations and sequences, which made my brain hurt, but I finally have a much better grasp of them. I didn't quite finish my automations and sequences, but I got close.


Wondering why there's so many pics of me? I needed some pics to include when updating my branding. Gotta say, there's nothing like staring at photos of yourself, trying to pic the best one, to make you focus on your flaws (perceived or otherwise). The water bottle pic is to show off my stickers that people can request when they work through the products on my membership site.

Sunday morning I headed home and arrived home in plenty of time to get ready for church.

I'm frustrated about the continuing headaches. I wake up with them, they last all day, sometimes they taper off by evening. Painkillers don't help. Stretching helps some. I'm starting to think it's got to do with how I'm sleeping, but I'm not sure what to change. I sleep with my contour pillow and a mouth guard (my old tray retainers). Maybe my whole body is tensing up? I've got a chiro appoinment on Wednesday. If that doesn't help I'm going to have to go to the doc and see if there's something else going on.

My toe is still stiff and sore, but it's making progress.

Weekly Mileage
Monday- 2.70 mile hike
Thursday- 10.00 mile bike ride
Friday- 1.85 mile trail run
total- 14.55 miles

2020 totals
5 hikes towards #52hikechallenge
0 kayak miles towards #365milechallenge
22.62 outdoor foot miles towards #365milechallenge
1.50 indoor foot miles towards #365milechallenge
20.0 bike miles towards #365milechallenge
44.12 miles total

No comments:

Post a Comment