Monday, December 2, 2019

Weekly Mileage #140 and the Turkey Trot


On Monday we went to Sunshine's pediatric endocrinology followup. She has grown in the last six months and seems to be on track with what her bone age is, so we won't go back unless she stops growing again.


Afterwards we went on a short urban hike while in town before picking up Ocean from preschool.

The last couple weeks I've been busy working on blog posts, listings for my Etsy shop, and so on. This week I also started transferring the hosting for one of my sites, which turned out to be much more of a hassle than I anticipated, and I'm still trying to get everything in order. It didn't help that I transferred my domain to a new registrar first, then tried to change web hosts. I couldn't do anything until my domain finished transferring, which takes 5 days or so. Add in the holiday weekend, and my timing left a lot to be desired.


Thursday we started the day with our annual Turkey Trot. River ran with me again, like last year. We ran almost all of it, except the uphills, as always happens with this race. It was a better race than last year, when I'd run half a mile in the 6 weeks or so since I'd broken my foot.

2019:  41:20
2018: 44:58  (two and a half months after breaking my foot)
2017: 36:422016: 41:59 (pushing both boys in the jogger)2015: 33:302014: 34:222013: 35:352012: 37:58 (pushing Sunshine in the jogger)2011: 32:442010: 35:05 (pushing Sunshine in the jogger)



I felt good, but I pushed it too much. When combined with standing for hours prepping food in the kitchen, I didn't feel great that day or the next. My foot really wasn't happy with me. It's hard to find balance, but experiences like this have me worried about ever being able to do longer races and still be functional afterwards.

Saturday I went for a short trail run and hike since I'd missed it Monday and I knew I wouldn't be able to do it the following Monday either. My legs were so dead at first, but they felt better as I continued. I took it easy, but I could still could feel the tired.

Saturday night Sunshine and I manned the Scout Christmas tree lot for two hours. I thought the weekend right after Thanksgiving would be a great time to do it, but we only had one sale - the tree we bought when we first arrived. Maybe the location isn't the best? I don't know.

Weekly Mileage
Monday- 1.29 mile hike
Thursday- 3.19 mile turkey trot
Thursday- 1.00 mile race cool down
Saturday- 1.10 mile trail run
Saturday- 1.65 mile hike
total- 8.23 miles

40 hikes towards #52hikechallenge
2.56 kayak miles towards #365milechallenge
152.47 outdoor foot miles towards #365milechallenge
41.16 indoor foot miles towards #365milechallenge
130.0 bike miles towards #365milechallenge
326.19 miles total

No comments:

Post a Comment