Monday, December 30, 2019

Weekly Mileage #144 and Christmas Fun

random ornament on a holly bush next to the trail

Monday I went for a trail run and hike, using my new trail running shoes. So far, I like them!


first mud on my trail shoes, but I'm sure it won't be the last

Tuesday evening Jeremy and I were in he kitchen- him making something, me painting, and we heard "Mary Had a Little Lamb" being played on the piano. I thought it was River, but when I glanced into the library, it was Ocean! He missed a couple notes, but it was recognizable. And he's not quite 4.5 years old yet. We've been debating which instrument he should start in the fall, maybe he'll start the piano.

Wednesday was Christmas. Probably our best Christmas morning photos yet!

they all wanted to be festive, but we can't see Ocean's face :)


The boys both got scooters, which they were super excited about. Ocean was so impatient to ride his that he started putting his together. He didn't get very far, but he made a good start....


Thursday I went for a hike. Then I finished about 98% of the painting in the kitchen before cleaning up my mess.


We've been telling Ocean for the last month that after Christmas his bobby would be going away and he would have to stop sucking his thumb. Thursday we used a thumb guard for a few hours, but he twisted it around somehow and it was cutting off his circulation. Only Ocean could manage that predicament. We took it off and he hasn't used it since, but he's done great. Taking his bobby away was the key- it was so strongly associated with thumb sucking that he doesn't do one without the other. He does miss bobby and has asked for it a couple times, especially at bedtime, but the transition has been so much smoother than with River (who still sucks his thumb at night, but he's always been a very determined thumb sucker, even as a newborn). So our efforts to keep thumb sucking associated with bobby worked for one kiddo at least.

Friday we went for a hike, then had a playdate with friends.


Saturday I went for a trail run and a hike. Then I rode my bike for a lot longer than my bum appreciated. But in running the numbers, knocking out a bunch of miles on my bike was the most efficient way to hit my mileage goal for the year. Only a few miles left!


Weekly Mileage
Monday- 1.60 mile trail run
Monday- 1.95 mile hike
Thursday- 2.10 mile hike
Friday- 1.19 mile hike
Saturday- 2.00 mile trail run
Saturday- 1.30 mile hike
Saturday- 15.00 mile bike ride
total- 25.14 miles

50 hikes towards #52hikechallenge
2.56 kayak miles towards #365milechallenge
172.54 outdoor foot miles towards #365milechallenge
41.16 indoor foot miles towards #365milechallenge
145.0 bike miles towards #365milechallenge
361.26 miles total

No comments:

Post a Comment