Monday, June 11, 2018

Weekly Mileage #63

my cute little helper

So you know how I said last week that I wasn't going to let things derail my exercise plans? Well, I lied. But let's back up a bit first, since I did have a good start to the week.

Monday and Wednesday I rode my bike, 10 miles each day, which gives me my highest bike mileage week yet.

Tuesday I got my first kayaking mile of the year! I took the kiddos to the lake for park day and paddled the boys around in one of our inflatable two person kayaks. I wasn't sure how it would all shake out, but the boys did really well. They didn't try to climb out, which was a concern I had, though they did get a little bored. There may or may not have been a few requests to go back to shore so they could play in the sand. Kayaking around the small lake we were at wasn't as interesting as a river might have been. But that's part of the learning process, and the rivers are all too high and fast still. Sunshine paddled her little sit-on-top and had a good time as well.


I'd planned on taking the kiddos for a hike on Thursday, but this is where we got derailed. Wednesday afternoon my upper jaw started hurting and then the pain radiated into my sinuses and down to my lower jaw. I took some painkillers that helped a little, but Thursday morning I woke up still in pain. I called the dentist as soon as they opened but they didn't initially think they could squeeze me in, and were going to refer me elsewhere, but just before we hung up they had someone else cancel and thankfully I was able to get in that morning after all.

Why was I so quick to call the dentist? We'd gone in for our cleanings on Monday, and one of my teeth proved to be in need of a root canal. I'd gotten a filling a year ago, but it was very close to the nerve and while they didn't want to go straight to a root canal, they also weren't sure the filling would be successful. And it wasn't. It's been giving me problems off and on for the last year, so I wasn't surprised when the x-rays showed it was time for a root canal. We scheduled it for early August, which would give our insurance plenty of time to pre-authorize the procedure. 

the clips on the side are for the front seat that I removed, which gave the boys a lot more room to sit

I figure the poking and prodding that went on on Monday aggravated my tooth, causing the pain to flare up and speeding up the timeline. In any case, the root canal took care of the pain, but the anesthesia left me feeling fuzzy and blech. I'm not sure why, but local dental anesthesia always does this to me and I spent the rest of Thursday and Friday waiting for it to work its way out of my system. Which meant we didn't go for a hike on Friday either. 

Saturday morning however, my friend C and I finally went for a run. We haven't been able to match up our schedules for awhile, so it was nice to finally make it work. We ran about a mile and a half to two miles out of just over four miles, and it felt good. Hot and humid and sweaty, but good.

all the rain we've gotten has made everything so green

Even with getting derailed two days, I still managed to get more miles in one week than I've managed in a long time.

Weekly Mileage
Monday- 10.00 miles on the bike
Tuesday- 1.1 miles in the kayak
Wednesday- 10.00 miles on the bike
Saturday- 4.12 miles walked and run outside
    total- 25.22 miles

5 hikes towards #52hikechallenge
1.10 kayak miles towards #365milechallenge
79.78 foot miles towards #365milechallenge
140.00 bike miles towards #365milechallenge

No comments:

Post a Comment