Monday, January 16, 2017

Weekly Mileage Recap


Monday I had a massive sinus headache, which derailed my plans to get much of anything done. I did take the boys out to play for a little while though and Sunshine got to do some more sledding with the neighbor boy (it was a snow day for everyone!).


I wasn't feeling up to chasing the boys around, so I put them on the trampoline. Turns out that the trampoline was a great idea- it kept them contained with no chasing needed! There was just enough snow to play with and do snow angels and make marks with sticks. Though it would have been better without all those leaves mixed in.



I guzzled water all day and by the time I went to bed, the sinus pressure and headache had lessened.

Unfortunately, the temps rose and it rained on Tuesday, so our snow all disappeared, much to Sunshine's disgust.


Thursday we went for a hike and it was 66*! So crazy since we were in the teens and twenties the week before, and just a couple days later it was so warm. We went to a different park for our hike since the ground was so wet and muddy. Our usual park is also open to horses and mountain bikes and they don't want the trails being used in wet conditions because the trails will get chewed up.


The park we went to doesn't have an extensive trails system, but we did manage to squeeze a two mile hike out of two connected loops. The difference in the single use trail was quite obvious. These trails were much narrower, steeper, and more twisty. They also follow the shore line of the lake, which was neat. We found a tree that had been felled by a beaver, but it had been there for a while and we didn't see any other signs of beavers. Sunshine was looking forward to seeing a beaver dam, so she was disappointed that we didn't see more evidence of them.


We also discovered that the lake we thought was just water was actually just a little bit of water sitting on top of a layer of ice. We thought most of the ice had melted and there was just a thin layer near the top, but when I carefully put my trekking pole in the lake, I discovered there was a very solid layer of ice still in there. Super cool!


I made plans to go running with a friend Saturday morning, but had to cancel at the last minute. I had the worst case of insomnia I've ever had. I went to bed around 10pm and didn't fall asleep until 6am! I only slept for a couple hours before the kids woke me up. I made it through the day, but I was ready to go back to bed at 6:30pm. I didn't, but I wanted to :)

I randomly caught this picture of River looking back with a funny expression
I'm not sure why- he wasn't upset or anything, I think the timing was just right :)

he looks rather upset, right? he wasn't though...
maybe he was concerned about being in front of all of us?

I'm still trying to improve my time management and didn't manage to get on the treadmill this past week. I did wake up earlier than usual several mornings so I could get an earlier start on my day. That was partially successful, in that I woke up and got going, but I wasn't getting to bed early enough, so I was super tired and not as productive with those early hours as I wanted to be. On the other hand, that insomnia bout is making it a lot easier to get to bed earlier, which also makes it easier to wake up earlier.

Posts here will continue to be a bit scarce while I concentrate on getting my businesses up and running. I'm making good progress, but still have a ways to go before things are established enough that they don't take as much time. Short term pain for long term rewards.

Weekly Mileage
Thursday: 2.01 miles
       total mileage: 2.01 miles

hike #2 for the 52 hike challenge
4.71 total miles towards the 365 mile challenge (I'm behind, but it will be easy to catch up since I will be training for two half marathons this year)

No comments:

Post a Comment