Monday, February 1, 2016

January Mileage


multi-tasking mama- holding Ocean while I work on our pack's recharter packet
I think Sunshine took this pic since it's mostly in focus, which River's pics usually aren't 

Last week I finally got some good, regular workouts in. I shoveled some snow, which is a good upper body workout. But the part I'm really excited about is that I walked on the treadmill 5 times. Up until last week I'd only been on the treadmill 3 times in all of January (plus the New Year's 5k), so 5 times in one week is a huge step for me.

I wanted to do some running, but felt that I should hold off and focus on just getting back in the habit of getting on the treadmill and not over-do it. 5 days of treadmill walking gave me 9.0 miles. This week I'll work some running into my treadmill time and will still focus on getting on the treadmill as often as possible.

I'm still fighting the crud that follows a cold, but am feeling a lot better than I have for most of the month, so that's a step in the right direction.

Mr M finally transferred to a unit out here (though it was a hassle right up to the end and almost didn't happen on the day scheduled) so I can start planning out my races for the coming months. Right now I'm looking at a 5k this Saturday and a mud run later this month.

January mileage
1 5k + 8 treadmill workouts = 16.17 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment