Thursday, March 26, 2015

Friday I talked about feeling stressed out, part of which was due to our schedule.

Monday this week was the opposite of all that I've been feeling lately. It was a rest day, so I didn't have to squeeze in treadmill time. We got up, got dressed, ate breakfast, and did Sunshine's schoolwork. After that, we ate lunch and River went down for a nap. I worked on the double welt cording I needed to finish the chair I'm re-covering. One of my visiting teachers stopped by for a little while, then I went back to my double welt. Shortly after River woke up from his nap I got dinner started (it needed two hours to cook), then finished my double welt. We ate at a decent time, the kids got to bed on time, and I went to bed earlier than I have in awhile.

We didn't have to go anywhere or be anywhere at a certain time and I wasn't trying to squeeze multiple things into the same time period. Did you know that walking on the treadmill is a great time to respond to emails and start blog posts? I frequently do both while on the treadmill, stopping only while I run, then starting up again when I start walking again.

It was such a nice, relaxing day. And I felt super productive since I managed to work on my double welt during the day, instead of at night after the kids went to bed. Lately I haven't had enough energy after lunch to work on projects, so I twiddle around online while resting on the couch.

While it was exactly the kind of day I've been craving, it was overshadowed by the knowledge that the rest of the week was going to be crazy busy. Though that knowledge is exactly why I didn't try to move some of the things on my to-do list to Monday- I knew I needed a low-key day with no running around.

I don't get nearly enough low-key days, but after this week's experience, I will be making them more of a priority.

No comments:

Post a Comment