Monday, September 14, 2009

Two really good books I just read

Gluten-Free Baking Classics by Annalise G. Roberts

Awesome book! There are so many yummy-looking recipes. The recipes for pumpkin bread, gingerbread, oreo cookies, cream puffs, apple cider doughnuts, cinnamon bread, French bread, soft pretzels, and fresh pasta dough (I could make ravioli!) are the ones I'm really looking forward to trying.

The author has given cooking classes, and put a lot of effort into making good gluten free versions of a lot of common recipes. They sure sound good, and she gives detailed instructions on how to make them good (not crummy). I haven't tried any of them yet, but they look sooo good.


The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

Good read, interesting, fast paced, no problems getting into it (unlike with Inkheart). Can't wait to read the second book- I'm on the hold list at the library, but it will still be awhile before it's my turn.

No comments:

Post a Comment