Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Stalkers and pink car seats

What a day. I was going to go for a five mile walk, but within half a mile of starting, I had to pee really bad. And it wasn't the oh-I'm-nervous-the-race-is-just-about-to-start-I-think-I-might-have-to-pee feeling. It was definitely a full bladder. Never mind the fact that I had gone at least three times this morning, once right before we left. My feet were bugging me too (I've been trying some new insoles), so I ended up turning back after a mile, and doing a total of two miles.

I did get more exercise though, as I shoveled up wet chunks of drywall and carried them bucket by bucket to the refuse bin. I made a lot of trips. I did have the easy job, though. My mom and two brothers demolished this nasty brick bbq thing that's been falling apart for years. It was also infested with huge red ants. They had to carry the bricks to the bin and deal with the ants. Now the back porch is definitely looking better, though there's a few more things to take care of still. We also need to straighten up the house tomorrow, since my sister and her family are coming in tomorrow night.

Dad did get the shower pan cemented in, the electrical all finished, the backer board on the walls of the shower, and half the drywall up. There's no way it will be usable this weekend. Which is unfortunate, since that means that 21 people will be sharing one bathroom for two days. I think I'll be going to my in-laws' for showers.

After lunch I went to my dentist appointment where I got some unpleasant news. I have three and a half cavities. The half isn't bad enough to worry about yet, and if I floss good it might recalcify and go away. The other three have to be taken care of, though. Two of them are on one tooth, and once they get in to fill them, depending on how bad they are, I may need a crown (the tooth is close enough to the front that a filling that extends to the front surface would be visible when I smile). I hope not, since that will end up costing $300 more than just filling them. I'm not going back in till the first week of August, though. If it does end up being expensive, I need to wait till after we get paid (the middle of the month paycheck is already spoken for!). It's been about five and a half years since my last cavities, so I guess I'm doing ok. I'd be doing better if I actually flossed regularly. The majority of the cavities I do have (I think 6 right now), and the ones just discovered, are located between my teeth. You'd think I'd have learned by now. I'm going to keep my flosser by the computer and floss my teeth every night while I blog. Hopefully then there won't be any more problems.

So here's a weird thing: my dentist looked to be about my age, maybe a couple years older. Which is really bizarre to me, since I don't think I've ever had a young dentist, and now he's my age. Does that mean I'm getting old?

Random thought I've been meaning to include for the last few days: there's this guy that lives somewhere around us that I always see when we're out walking and cycling. He's always on his motorcycle, and he seems to have a particular route he takes, because he's always going in the same direction, on the same roads. So I'll see him, and then I'll see him again a little later on, only he'll be on a different motorcycle, going the same route. I'm not sure if he feels he has to take them each for a spin so they don't feel neglected, or what. But I see him everyday, and he never seems to actually go anywhere. It's kind of creepy. It would be more creepy if he acknowledged me every time he passed, but he doesn't, thank goodness. Then I'd be worried I have a stalker.

I know this is getting to be quite long, but one more thing. The Britax Frontier car seat I ordered for DD came today. I was reading the booklet, making sure I understood everything, when DD started saying 'car, car', and heading for the front door. She wanted to go out to the car, because that's where it belongs, and what is taking so long, mommy? She waited, impatiently, while I finished checking everything over. There's these nifty little cup holders that fold down on either side, and she thought those were pretty cool. She put a water bottle in one, but didn't have another water bottle for the other side, and she got a bit upset about that. I was a bit worried that the seat would be huge for her, but it's really not. There's room to grow, but she's not slip-sliding around. And it's pink! You can't go wrong with a pink car seat for a little girl. So much better than blah brown or gray.

No comments:

Post a Comment