Monday, August 30, 2021

Weekly Mileage #231 and our 20th Anniversary


Monday I ran with Max. She was super happy. It was hot, but not as hot and humid as last week. It felt good to hit the trails again.

I was not as productive as I'd have liked after that. I did some schoolwork with the boys, but it turned out to be a narcolepsy day and the stabby eye migraine was trying to return.

Tuesday after music lessons I ran some errands, and we went to karate class in the evening.

I was still dragging. Hopefully it was just a reaction to finally not having to be anywhere or doing anything after being so busy all summer. Of course, I do have things I need to do, they just don't have to be finished this week. I was not super motivated to do much of anything. My narcolepsy was also being more problematic, which means it's time to buckle down and cut back on my carbs.

Wednesday I ran with Max and the boys. Afterward I spent a good portion of the day fighting a headache. I had tight shoulder muscles from doing pushups in karate Tuesday night and running in the heat and humidity combined into a headache.

As always happens when I have a headache, it was hard to focus, stay motivated, and get stuff done.


However, it was also our 20th anniversary! We celebrated by going to dinner and a movie, which we haven't done in years. Sunshine stayed home with the boys. So nice not to have to find a babysitter...


Thursday was another narcolepsy day. Max joined me on my bed:


The predator in Max is highly offended by squirrels, birds who trespass on our grass, and the giant wasps that circle our outside lights at night. Unfortunately for her, they're on the aggressive side (this is the same type of wasp that dive bombed me last summer just as we were heading out on a camping trip. the boys have gotten stung as well). She got stung on her eyebrow, which made it swell up. Doesn't she look so sad?

Friday I had planned on going for a hike or run, but it rained Thursday, so we stayed home. I was still feeling a bit exhausted, maybe burnt out?

After karate we went to the pool with friends.

Saturday I cleaned the upstairs with the kids while Jeremy went to work. His increased workload is still going on. Overtime is nice, but he's got a lot of extra stress trying to make sure the work is getting done despite people being on leave/quarantine/etc. 

I finally figured out why the last two weeks have been such a drag and why I've lacked any sort of motivation: I'm fighting depression. I'm not sure why, unless it's just my brain's reaction to finally finishing all the craziness of the summer. 

It didn't immediately pop into my brain as an issue, partly because I'm taking an antidepressant to help with my narcolepsy. However, it doesn't seem to have headed off the depression. I had post part depression after the boys and I successfully used Doterra Balance blend to fight it. So the last couple days I've been rubbing some on my skin and diffusing it overnight. I felt a bit better on Sunday, but I'll need to continue diffusing and applying topically for awhile.

Weekly Mileage 

Monday-         1.25 miles walked/run                .50 hours outside
Tuesday-                                                             .50 hours outside
Wednesday-    1.35 miles walked/run                .50 hours outside
       total- 2.60 miles                             1.5 hours

2021 totals
206.0 outside hours
209.89 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment