Monday, August 23, 2021

Weekly Mileage #230 and Pirate Camp

Monday I was up at 5am, and we left at 6 to drive to Yorktown for the boys to attend Pirate Camp with our old neighbors (the ones who had a boy a little younger than river and twins a little younger than Ocean; they have a 2 year old boy and a 6 month old girl now too).

I dropped the boys off (I had to park half a mile away since the parking lot wasn't big enough for the RV), then drove to our old neighbors' house and parked in their driveway.


I had thought about driving over Sunday night, but decided down time at home was worth getting up super early Monday morning.

I brought stuff to work on (computer, pages to stitch, etc), but ended up just vegging most of the week. I was so burnt out after everything I've done this summer and working to hit my deadlines. So mostly I just read in the RV while the boys were gone. We hung out with our friends in the evening while the boys played, went swimming, etc.

they made boats

Ocean drew a Castle Crasher character and a skull and cross bones on his sail


River just drew a skull and cross bones on his

I did manage to go running 4 of the days we were there. Mid-day in heat and humidity is a sucky time to go running, but I really need to get back in the habit, so I sucked it up and did it anyway. It felt good-ish. I definitely prefer trails to roads, but either way, it was good to get back out there again.


I walked through the neighborhood and ran on this old road-turned running/biking path, which was nicely shaded.


Friday afternoon we went watched a little presentation. The kids used the dry boat as their pirate ship, then attacked and boarded us. The boys had a lot of fun 😊


We drove home Friday after the boys finished camp, unloaded the RV, ate some dinner and crashed in bed. It's been a busy 5 weeks with a little too much running around.

Saturday I took the boys to karate, then started catching up on everything I'd been ignoring the last couple weeks- bills, emails, etc.


I had planned on fixing the shed roof (a large dead branch fell off the tree next to it during a storm earlier in the week and punctured the roof and Jeremy can't do it because of his back), but it was hot and humid and I had the beginnings of a migraine. Better part of valor and all that: I stayed indoors and tried to head off the migraine before it got worse. I was mostly successful for once, but it was also a different migraine than usual, one of the stabbing behind the eyeball variety. As the stabbing eased, it left the area around my eye feeling a bit numb. At least the nausea never got very bad.

I've been remarkably headache free for most of the last month or so, and I suspect this one was a reaction to finally being done with all the stress and hustle of this summer and my body just pooping out.

Jeremy's quick and dirty patch job. He left part of the branch in the roof, since it's blocking the hole it punched.

Jeremy had a busy weekend with not enough sleep, dealing with the fallout of the precipitous withdrawal from Afghanistan currently going on. That mess was very poorly handled and there's a lot of people suffering unnecessarily as a result.

Weekly Mileage 

Tuesday-          2.05 miles walked/run              1.50 hours outside
Wednesday-    2.12 miles walked/run                .50 hours outside
Thursday-       2.60 miles walked/run               2.50 hours outside     
Friday-            2.21 miles walked/run               1.50 hours outside    
       total- 8.98 miles             6.0 hours

2021 totals
204.5 outside hours
207.29 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment