Monday, August 9, 2021

Weekly Mileage #228 and the Temple Trip

Monday I finally took Max for a trail run for the first run in how long? It was a bit cooler than it has been, which made the run possible. Max was super happy.

Afterwards I packaged buckets to ship and ran some quick errands. Then I sewed bucket side seams, and cut the canvas for a few more buckets (I missed one of my colors the first time around).

I went to be early to prepare for the temple trip the next morning.


I didn't sleep well because I kept waking up, wondering if I'd missed my alarm. My alarm was set for 4:55am and we met at 6am to drive to the Philadelphia temple for a youth temple trip.

Since I wasn't driving (too far for me to safely drive), I brought my laptop so I could work on my online stuff for the convention (sales page, ads, etc). I got a lot worked on, but didn't actually finish anything. I was too tired and headachy to think clearly enough to finish. I did make good progress on what I did work on, though.

It was a long day with the 6 am leave time, about 3.5 hours in Philly (our youth were split into two sessions), and we returned around 8/8:15. I'm so glad I wasn't driving. I would not have been able to stay awake. 

It was a good experience for the youth and I'm so glad we could finally take them again (the temple is open for certain ordinances, though not all). The DC temple has been closed for a few years for a remodel, so even before the pandemic-fueled closures, we had to look further afield for our temple trips. The DC temple open house is scheduled for next April and May, with the dedication in June, so we are getting closer. There's no date for the Richmond temple to open yet, unfortunately.

We ordered pizza for everyone to eat for lunch, but those of us who have to eat gluten free found some gluten free corn dogs at Reading Station, which is a large building with many stalls with different eateries- so much variety. Pretty cool place.

Tuesday was exhausting, so Wednesday I got a slow start to the day, then I worked on buckets and pockets.

I practiced some karate, then took Sunshine to a class. She's got a lot of makeup to do, and we'll only be able to go once next week and once the following week. After that, things will clear up and we can get back on schedule.

Thursday I spent 12 hours at the sewing machine, sewing buckets and pockets. Way too much time, but very necessary. I took a couple hours off for karate class and dinner, then went back to the sewing machine.

Friday I ran a couple errands in the morning, then I was back to the sewing machine before and after karate class. Long hours, but I'm getting closer to being done with this batch of pockets and buckets.

Saturday Sunshine and I went to karate class. I'm caught up now, but Sunshine's still getting caught up.

After class I worked on my buckets and pockets some more and realized I never ordered more strapping for the pocket straps. I had to order a bunch more off Amazon. Thank goodness for two day prime shipping. It should arrive Monday and Tuesday- just in time for me to finish the pockets before heading to convention.

Weekly Mileage 

Monday-         2.07 miles run                   .50  hours outside
Tuesday-          .50 miles walked              1.50 hours outside
       total- 2.57 miles             2.0 hours

2021 totals
198.0 outside hours
197.87 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment