Monday, April 5, 2021

Weekly Mileage #210 and the Easter Egg Hunt


Monday we started making the videos for the course lessons. Sunshine's getting school credit for all the time she's spending on this with me. There's definitely been some trial and error in figuring out the shots I want and how to get them.

That evening was a Court of Honor and Sunshine sworn in (is that what they call it?) as patrol leader.

two new patrol leaders

Tuesday I went for a hike with Max before music lessons.


Max was not enthused about taking a selfie

That evening River lost another tooth. He lays in bed and wiggles them when he's supposed to be going to sleep. I think he's lost three after lights out now. Such a toothless wonder!

Tuesday night the cart closed for course registration. I ended up with 9 students: 3 were paid registrations, 4 were comped in exchange for testimonials and feedback. There are 2 sibling add-ons and 1 adult, which gives me a good range and the opportunity to make sure all the bugs are worked out with the different registration forms. 

I would have liked a few more paid students (20 total was my stretch goal), but honestly, this is a good size for making sure everything works, so I'm happy. And since I really didn't do any advertising to speak of, I'm even more happy with the results. Advertising is definitely a priority this summer for the fall session.

Wednesday I took a hike with Max before the rain came, then took the CRV in for its annual inspection. I waited a bit long on it this year; I need to get better at doing it at the beginning of the month, rather than the end.

After I returned home, I prepped boxes of materials and tools to ship.

Thursday I walked with Max on the bike path since the trails were wet.

Then we all went to the dentist. River had two cavities (boo!), but everyone else looked good.

That afternoon I shipped off my packages. There was few enough that I just hauled them in to the UPS Store. I definitely will be getting them picked up in the future, though. I thought about it for this time, but ran out of time to get it set up and it was easier just to drop them off myself.

That evening we had YW and Primary Activity Days. River couldn't get on because the iPad wouldn't charge properly. I managed to charge it enough to log in, then it died again. He was so disappointed.


Saturday I hiked with Max first thing. Then I digitized my patterns for my course I need to make sure they work, but the worst of the time and effort is done. For once something didn't take as long as I thought it would take.


During the General Conference sessions I folded and marked pages for music notebooks. It's a good mindless activity to keep my hands busy while listening to the talks.

apparently River thought it was cold, but Ocean didn't 

In between Saturday sessions we had our Easter egg hunt. Jeremy and I hid the kids' eggs, they hid ours (the boys did mine, Sunshine did Jeremy's). I bought new eggs this year (Sunshine was grossed out by how grubby they got last year, thanks to the boys, but I'm cheap and hate wasting money on pieces of plastic so hadn't bought new ones in several years), and I got enough that we each had a dozen eggs of the same color, with a different color for each person. This made it a lot easier to know right away if an egg was yours or not, and there was no guessing as to how many eggs had been hidden vs found. The boys remembered to take pictures of all the places they hid my eggs (they forgot where some of them were last year, and I think there were a couple that never got found), but I managed to find them all without consulting the pictures.

Weekly Mileage

Monday-                                            1.5 hours outside
Tuesday-  1.76 miles hiked                 .5 hours outside
Wednesday- 2.05 miles walked          .5 hours outside
Thursday- 1.15 miles walked             .5 hours outside
Friday- 1.84 miles hiked                     .5 hours outside 
Saturday- 2.16 miles hiked               1.5 hours outside
       total- 8.96 miles             5.0 hours

2021 totals
64.5 outside hours
124.95 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment