Monday, November 30, 2020

Weekly Mileage #192 and a Virtual Turkey Trot

I love the color of this bucket!

Monday morning Max and I went for a trail run and then I ran some errands. After that was some GlowForge troubleshooting (still trying to get that error message resolved) and working on bucket parts.

Tuesday I went for a hike with Max instead of running. While she prefers running, she's happy to get outside and get exercise in any form. 

After music lessons I finished a blue bucket and then got an order shipped.

I also worked on my pocket prototype. I'm not completely happy with the shape. I think it needs to be a little wider and a little shorter. I've only got the one pocket done, but when I sell them, they'll be in a set of two pockets. I didn't switch sewing machines, but when I'm just sewing through a couple layers, I need to use my regular machine rather than my leather sewing machine.

Sunshine made some ginger cookies and sugar cookies, then she and the boys decorated them. Guess who decorated which cookies? :)


Wednesday I went for a trail run with Max and had my accountability call. I also got my bucket components all finished and ready for assembly. Next steps are sewing the leather to the canvas and attaching the handles.

I also made three pies (pumpkin, apple, and pecan) and red white and blue jello. I had a busy day, but squeezing them in on Wednesday made Thursday a lot less stressful.

Thursday was Thanksgiving. Our annual turkey trot that we've done every year we've lived here went virtual, like so many other races this year. We slept in and then headed out to the paved path that Max and I run on when it's raining. While the flexible start time was nice, we should not have waited to do our run. It was so hot! Around 70*, which is just weird. Most years we're bundled up and trying not to freeze.

After our run (which only River, Max, and I actually did the full distance- everyone else pooped out about halfway through), Jeremy smoked the turkey, Sunshine did the potatoes, and I made some stuffing. Since Jeremy's been team lead we've shared our Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas meals with the guys who have to work those days. This year, instead of stressing about making enough food and having it ready on time, Jeremy got the meal catered by a local bbq joint. It did take up room in the fridge since he had to pick it up on Wednesday, but it was so much less stressful for both of us. He's already looking into whether he can do the same thing for Christmas.

Despite it being a holiday, I snuck downstairs for a bit while the turkey was smoking to work on some buckets. I sewed four, then took new pictures for more shop listings.

Friday we had planned on going on a hike, but we didn't. There was just too much to do. I took the four buckets into the consignment store. The two tall buckets I'd left have both sold (the shorter ones are slow movers), and I wanted to get them there first thing to take advantage of Black Friday/Shop Local Saturday.

they've put together a bundle of other items in one of the short buckets

and this one has a plant in it!

I worked through a to-do list of stuff that hasn't been getting done- emails, etc. I also did the photo editing and listings for the new colors of buckets and updated the photos on the existing listings to try to cut down on confusion. Syncing things up takes time and somewhere along the line when I set things up I screwed something up, so a couple of the listings don't sync properly. One of these days I'll delete them and re-do them, but this weekend is not the time to be messing with shop listings.

I also found out that I need to figure out my Facebook pixel. I don't have it installed correctly, so it's not doing all the things it should. It's so frustrating, as messing with coding and html makes me nervous and is super confusing to my brain damaged self (narcolepsy has not done me any favors when it comes to understanding computer stuff).

I cut two sets of logos and shop names with the Glow Forge for two signs I need to make. I'm having trouble cutting thin leather, but it doesn't mind doing thicker wood. So weird. 


Saturday I went to go for a trail run with Max, but the parking lot was completely full, and cars were parked on the shoulders. I was driving our hybrid Camry, which, while it gets great mileage, is more than a little gutless. Rather than get stuck on a shoulder, I headed to the paved path up the road instead. It was a lot less crowded and there was plenty of parking.

I cleaned the boys room. They destroyed some packing styrofoam in their room, then shoved the pieces under their beds. It was a huge mess, and while they'd cleaned up some of it, they hadn't gotten it all, and it was starting to spread to other parts of the house. I had to vacuum and re-vacuum, but finally got about 98% of the styrofoam bits. 

Sunday I took Max for a hike, then we had church online and I had a YW presidency meeting.

I forgot to record my mileage from my Garmin before it disappeared (it only hangs around for two weeks), so I had to guess on some of this week's mileage. I'm probably a little under, but not by much.

Weekly Mileage
Monday- 2.03 miles run and hiked
Tuesday- 1.50 miles hiked
Wednesday- 1.50 miles run and hiked
Thursday- 3.11 miles run
Saturday- 1.50 miles run and walked
total- 9.64 miles

2020 totals
56 hikes towards #52hikechallenge
0 kayak miles towards #365milechallenge
238.25 outdoor foot miles towards #365milechallenge
22.50 indoor foot miles towards #365milechallenge
310.0 bike miles towards #365milechallenge
570.75 miles total

No comments:

Post a Comment