Monday, February 25, 2019

Weekly Mileage #100 and the Blue and Gold Banquet


I had headaches all week and a migraine on Thursday. My headache was lesser today, but still there. I'm not sure if it's part of the detoxing process I'm still going through, but it's at least partly related to the stiff neck I have when I wake up every morning.



I've started rubbing Frankincense EO on the back of my neck, behind my ears, and on my temples before I go to bed. It's supposed to help with cataplexy and brain/sleep related issues, so I figured it was worth a try, even though I don't have cataplexy. I do feel like I'm sleeping a bit better, and perhaps I'm not tossing and turning so much? If I'm staying in the same position all night that would account for waking up with a stiff neck.

We went on a field trip to the local fire station on Tuesday with the boys' preschool. They thought it was so cool and had a blast.


Wednesday we woke up to 3-4" of very wet snow. It snowed/sleeted/rained all day, leaving a mushy mess by evening. It was too warm to re-freeze, so I guess that's a good thing. I did manage to do a little snowshoeing in the morning, but the snow wasn't great for it.

Friday was our Pack's Blue and Gold Banquet, which was where I had decided to share two of my Wood Badge ticket items. One was encouraging others to attend Wood Badge (our council will be holding it this fall) and the other was sharing some resources for finding other packs and troops to join once the Church leaves BSA. I printed up cards with web addresses for both presentations so people could easily look things up at home.




This week I finally rode my bike after taking several weeks off. I intended to take River for a run on Saturday morning, like we did last Saturday, but it was cold and it  rained all day. I ran on the treadmill instead. My foot didn't bother me and it felt pretty good to run again, even if it was on the treadmill.

Weekly Mileage
Tuesday- 10.0 miles on the bike
Wednesday- .81 miles snowshoed
Saturday- 2.70 miles run on the treadmill (1.65 miles total run)
total- 13.51  miles

6 hikes towards #52hikechallenge
0 kayak miles towards #365milechallenge
15.90 outdoor foot miles towards #365milechallenge
7.15 indoor foot miles towards #365milechallenge
40.0 bike miles towards #365milechallenge
63.05 miles total   

No comments:

Post a Comment