Thursday, February 7, 2019

January Mileage

old stone wall in the nature preserve I hike in on Mondays
January was a bit of a slow month mileage wise, but I've been busy with work and gathering tax info, so it is what it is. Last year this time I was knocked down hard by influenza A, followed by strep, followed by a nasty cold. And that was after being sick from the middle of November until Christmas. So I'm feeling pretty good about myself right now. A measly cold is nothing compared to how sick I was last year.



I'm still trying to get my mileage up, but it's a balancing act I don't quite have figured out yet. Add in trying to figure out how best to cope with narcolepsy and the detox symptoms that accompany TRS, and I'm just not doing it all. Despite the detox symptoms, I do feel better overall, and have several afternoons a week where I actually have energy and am able to work effectively. The trade off is that mornings aren't always great and I have yet to firmly establish a consistent bedtime.

I still have a couple bad days a week, but the good days have increased my productivity and I'm so close to finishing the last major project related to my websites (personalizing a marketplace and uploading documents to it that can be downloaded by customers). Once the marketplaces are finished, I will finally be in maintenance mode, where for each blog I write 1-2 posts a week, along with a weekly email newsletter and creating any printables for those posts that need to be added to the marketplace. That's still a lot, but nowhere near as much as what I've been doing the last few months. This will allow me to finally spend more time on the Glowforge, which has been pushed to the back burner for too long.

January mileage:
2 treadmill workouts + 4 hikes + 1 outside walk + 2 bike workouts + 0 kayak outings = 32.75 miles
52 hike challenge: 4 hikes
365 mile challenge:  20.0 bike miles + 8.3 outdoor foot miles + 4.45 indoor foot miles + 0 kayak miles
total miles: 32.75 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment