Monday, October 1, 2018

Weekly Mileage #79 and the String Art

sunrise just before the start of the GSM half marathon

Monday I dropped the boys off at preschool, then dropped Sunshine off at co-op. Then I went and walked three miles around Target and Wal-Mart, doing some sourcing. Q4 (fourth quarter of the year) is just about to start and it's the most profitable time of the year to be selling on Amazon, so it's time to step up the pace of my sourcing. Sitting on a chair with my foot up is not the way to do that, and I've been chafing against the inactivity.

Let's just say I over-did it with the walking. Initially I was able to walk without too much of a limp and very little pain, but my foot was not happy by the time I finished and went to pick up the boys. Add in a bad night's sleep, and I was exhausted.

I actually went back to the doctor this week to get more blood drawn for more testing and a referral for a sleep study. My last bloodwork came back looking great. Seriously- I was surprised at how good all my numbers are. And discouraged, since I'm so exhausted all the time and I really thought I had low iron or a bad thyroid.

This week was a lot less crazy than the week before, so I actually had time to sit and rest my foot, which it still needs. It still hurts, though not as bad, and I'm using the pain as a reminder not to try to do too much too soon. And sitting gives me time to write for my websites, so it's not like I'm not accomplishing anything.

sunrise just after the half marathon started

Saturday was the craft day where I taught some ladies from church how to do string art, based on the samples I made a while ago. That was fun, but it's also nice to have it done and over with. Now to focus on the next big activity: Wood Badge next weekend and again two weekends later.

I did a little more sourcing after the craft activity, but didn't last nearly as long as the first time around. I was already tired and I didn't want to make my foot hurt worse.

My foot doesn't hurt too much when I go to bed, but sometimes it aches a lot when I wake up. Those are the days I know it's going to be wet. I didn't think the arthritis pain would hit right away, but the doctor said that's normal, and could take a year or more to clear up. Fun for me, especially since it's been so wet all summer with no real signs of letting up. So. much. rain.

Weekly Mileage
Monday- 3.08 miles walked around stores
Saturday- 1.63 miles walked around stores    
total- 4.71 miles

21 hikes towards #52hikechallenge
2.14 kayak miles towards #365milechallenge
280.87 foot miles towards #365milechallenge
260.00 bike miles towards #365milechallenge
543.01 miles total

No comments:

Post a Comment