Monday, September 24, 2018

Weekly Mileage #78 and Very Busy Week

little boys being silly while I sit with my foot up. yes, I'm using a cooler- it's just the right height :)

Last week was a super busy week. All our classes started and we had multiple doctor appointments scheduled. Thankfully I have some good friends who generously drove us around to everything.

Monday a friend and I dropped the boys off at their first day of preschool, then dropped Sunshine off at her co-op. A couple hours later another friend and I picked up the boys, then later in the afternoon, Mr M picked up Sunshine.

Tuesday Mr M drove us to and from music lessons.

Wednesday a friend picked us up, then dropped Sunshine off at nature class, then drove the boys and I to my orthopedic appointment. Then she drove us to Ocean's hearing test. She also picked Sunshine up from her nature class in the afternoon.

Thursday the friend who drove us around on Wednesday drove us to Sunshine's orthodontist appointment. Yes, she is a saint.

Friday another friend drove us to and from what I thought was Ocean's more in-depth speech evaluation, but was actually just signing the paperwork to do all the evaluations (ahh, the joys of working with the public school system). Afterwards, Mr M dropped us off at a local park for , and another friend drove us home.

Saturday I realized we needed a few things from the grocery store, so I decided to drive to the grocery store a mile away and see how it felt. I took the boot off to drive, then put it back on when I got out of the car. My foot felt fine, but walking around was tiring. Mr M was at drill Saturday and Sunday and not able to drive us anywhere.

I had arranged for a friend to take us to church on Sunday, but after Saturday's little outing I decided to just drive myself. Moving car seats in and out of vehicles was getting old. Taking the boot on and off is much easier.

The results from our various appointments:
It took an hour of waiting in the orthopedic doctor's waiting room before we could go to the exam room- why tell me the appointment is for 10:15 if I don't get seen until 11:15? The boys did great, but they were getting very restive towards the end, which I totally didn't blame them for. The x-rays showed that my foot is healing, so I've got the boot for at least 4 more weeks. We'll see how things are then, and go from there.

Ocean has fluid in his right ear still. His speech receptors are a little low in his left ear, but lower in his right ear. So his hearing is still muffled and he probably can't hear if we whisper in his right ear. We go back in 6 weeks to re-test everything and see if there's any changes. Based on those results we should be able to move forward with tubes if he's still got fluid in his ears. Re-testing establishes a baseline of what his ears are doing.

Sunshine needs two more baby teeth pulled. She's got some very stubborn teeth that just won't fall out, which is making her crowded mouth even more crowded. I'd hoped she'd be ready to finally get braces, but no dice.

The boys loved preschool and it even inspired Ocean to be more motivated to use the toilet. This past week he's been wearing underwear with fewer accidents, which is nice. We potty trained back in December and January, and he has no problem pooping and peeing in the potty, but he just couldn't be bothered to stop what he was doing to use the toilet.

The boys only go to preschool one morning a week, which gives me a couple hours to get some work done all by myself- writing, sourcing, whatever I need to get done. I'd wanted two mornings, but by the time I realized I needed this, there weren't any openings on Wednesday mornings. Even just a few hours is nice, though, so I'll take what I can get.

No mileage again last week, but I want to try riding my bike this coming week.

Weekly Mileage
    total- 0 miles

21 hikes towards #52hikechallenge
2.14 kayak miles towards #365milechallenge
276.16 foot miles towards #365milechallenge
260.00 bike miles towards #365milechallenge
538.30 miles total

No comments:

Post a Comment