Monday, October 2, 2017

Weekly Mileage


Monday we hiked around our property marking the dead trees, the maples, and the black walnuts with flagging tape. We marked the maples and black walnuts with spray paint last year, but the bright pink flagging tape is much easier to see. We have several dead trees close to the house that need to be brought down soon, and they’re much easier to identify when the living trees still have their leaves, so we marked them at the same time.

We also collected black walnuts so we can make black walnut ink, which I read about here.

While we were doing all that, Sunshine stepped on a ground wasp nest, which resulted in two stings for her and one for me. She and I also picked up a bunch of ticks. Ick! She had about 40-50 teeny tiny ticks that were a pain to pick off. I had about half that many, but it was still a lot. Somehow the boys escaped both the wasps and the ticks. Sunshine and I now have poison ivy-type blisters where each of the ticks were. They itch, but they haven't oozed and spread like poison ivy does, so I think it's just a reaction to the ticks. So, so gross. 

we found an old stone fence while hiking 

On Wednesday I had planned on spending some time on my bike, but instead I spent a good part of the day curled around my hot water bottle with the worst cramps I've had in a really long time (sorry for the TMI).

Thursday we hiked some new-to-us trails at one of our local parks. It became evident that we did the loop in the wrong direction when we kept finding uphill stretches, but no down hills. The heat made the hills even less enjoyable, but we powered through.

the fence is taller than River- a lot of work was put into stacking all those rocks

Friday I ran on the treadmill and it finally didn’t feel creaky and achy. I was able to run two miles without stopping and it actually felt pretty good, which was a nice change.

Cooler weather finally came Friday, but my schedule didn't allow for an outdoor run, so I'd planned on going for a run outside Saturday morning. But I got distracted working, and then ran out of time because General Conference was starting, so it never happened. 

make a wish!

Weekly Mileage
Mon: 1.41 miles around our property
Thurs: 1.80 miles hiked
Fri: 2.30 miles on the treadmill
        total mileage: 5.51 miles

hike #38 towards #52hikechallenge
442.18 miles towards #365milechallenge

No comments:

Post a Comment