Monday, September 18, 2017

Weekly Mileage

just sitting on a log in a forest, eating organic gummy bears

My plantar fasciitis is improving, but I feel like some of the muscles in my lower leg are collateral damage to what's going on in my foot. The muscles are tighter and more sore than I'd like them to be, so I'm trying to be more conscientious with my rolling.

River found an enormous acorn

I walked on the treadmill Wednesday (nothing special). Thursday we went for a hike and explored some of the other trails at the park we went to with the Cub Scouts. There's only about a mile and a half, maybe two miles, of trails there, so I'm not sure how often we'll go back. I'm trying to sneak more distance into our hikes, and I can't do it if the trails are too short. Friday I walked on the treadmill and ran a creaky half a mile. I'm definitely out of shape. I'd prefer to run outside, which would be easier on my feet and legs, but it just doesn't fit in my schedule right now. Saturday I walked a couple slow miles on the treadmill.

Ocean needed a picture of his acorn, too

I'm pleased that I managed to exercise four days last week. I barely managed it Saturday (and that may have been about all I did Saturday), but I did it. Saturday and Sunday I felt pretty crummy- my chronic lack of sleep caught up with me and I ended up just resting as much as I could. I didn't get everything done that I'd planned, but I got some much needed rest, which was more important.

Weekly Mileage
Wed: 2.08 miles walked
Thur: 1.08 miles hiked
Fri: 2.02 miles run and walked
Sat: 2.00 miles walked
     total miles: 7.18 miles

hike #36 towards #52hikechallenge (I checked the calendar, and it looks like we're behind by one hike, but we'll make that up in the next month or so)
426.35 miles towards #365milechallenge

No comments:

Post a Comment