Monday, September 11, 2017

Weekly Mileage

Ocean was standing on that little rock, hugging the tree 30 seconds before I took this picture


I talked a good game last week about exercising more, but the cold I mentioned in my half marathon post wasn't improved by running the half marathon in the rain, so I didn't feel super wonderful the first half of the week. Nothing really bad, just enough to feel crummy and unmotivated to move. I did manage to catch up on some of my work tasks, so at least it wasn't a complete loss. Catching up on those tasks (I got behind when we were road tripping with limited internet access, and have stayed behind since we got home) means I can work on establishing a sustainable schedule that covers all the things I need to accomplish each week (homeschool, church/cub scouts, household tasks, work tasks, etc).

I came close to sticking to my schedule this past week, but church obligations were more time consuming than usual this week. I had a talk and a sharing time lesson to prepare, which meant a lot of preparation. I could have switched my sharing time lesson for another week, but the other Sundays this month don't look any better than yesterday did, and were in some ways worse, so I opted for the double craziness. It actually ended up being quadruple craziness, since Mr M also had a talk and a primary lesson to prepare. It was crazy, but we survived, and we're glad it's done.

Thursday the kids and I retraced our steps on the hike we did last month, so we now have an accurate mileage total again. The kiddos were grumpy, but I was in a good mood. Fall is in the air: the weather is a bit cooler, the leaves are starting to change colors, and some trees are even starting to drop their leaves. I love it!

hugging the tree again so mommy could take a picture, maybe trying to kiss the tree, also?

Sunshine had her first day of co-op classes Friday afternoon. She really liked the art class, and she said the math class was "good". Which means it wasn't her favorite, but she didn't hate it, either, so that's a win.

Saturday I walked on the treadmill while working on my talk and my lesson. Multi-tasking at its best!

Weekly Mileage
Thursday- hiked 1.25 miles
Saturday- walked 3.15 miles on the treadmill
   total miles- 4.40 miles

35th hike towards #52hikechallenge
419.17 miles towards #365milechallenge

No comments:

Post a Comment