Thursday, December 8, 2016

Quick and Easy Wreath Update

the updated wreath

I bought this rosette wreath from Target 5 years ago, but it was showing its age: the rosettes looked dingy and the leaves had faded from green to tan. It was in good condition, it just looked blah.

this is what it looked like originally
I forgot to take a picture before painting, but those leaves weren't green anymore


I’ve seen white sparkly rosette wreaths at Target around the holidays, but why buy a new one, when I can update the one I have?


I sprayed several light coats of white paint all over the wreath, then topped that with a coat of glitter spray paint. When I purchased the glitter spray paint, I envisioned dimensional pieces of glitter, but that’s not how it is. It’s more a metallic sparkly effect with without the bulk of large pieces of glitter. I may spray one more coat of paint and sprinkle coarse glitter on the wet paint, but I actually like the way it turned out, so I may leave it as is.


It looks a lot brighter and fresher; ready for several more years of use. And it only took a few minutes, which is all I have these days.




I like decorating for Christmas with stars, so I wedged the sparkly star back in the center of the wreath. More sparkle is a good thing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment