Wednesday, October 5, 2016

September Mileage

River is such a little boy, who loves digging in the rocks and playing with his trucks and tractors
and he's wearing the mitten to keep his hand clean :)

My efforts to exercise more consistently in September paid off with my highest monthly mileage of the year. 42.31 miles is significantly more than my next highest month (April, with 27.17), so my main concern now is to train carefully so I don't get shinsplints as I continue to increase my mileage. I still need to increase the number of days I'm exercising, so that's my goal for October, along with continuing to increase my mileage.

I only had one work day in September- I re-stacked our firewood in a different location, built some pallet compost bins, and cleared the brush from the site of our future greenhouse. No pictures yet since I want to adjust the design of the compost bins a bit and do a few other small projects in the area. We're working on them this week so I'll probably post some pictures next week.

September's mileage:
9 treadmill workouts + 4 hikes + 3 races (Labor Day, color, trail) = 42.31 miles total

August's mileage:
1 treadmill walk + 2 hikes w/stroller + 4 races (5k5k10k4 mile) = 26.10 miles total

July's mileage:
2 treadmill walks + 3 hikes + 1 race (5k) = 13.72 miles total

June's mileage:
4 treadmill walks + 3 hikes + 3 races (June 5k1 mile glow5k)= 21.46 miles total

May's mileage:
7 treadmill walks + 1 hike + 2 races (May 5kevening 5k) = 23.87 miles total

April's mileage:
6 treadmill walks + 1 hike + 1 outdoor run + 3 races (glow 5kApril 5k5k) = 27.17 miles total

March's mileage:
4 treadmill workouts + 3 hikes w/stroller + 4 races (4k5k5k5k obstacle) = 25.7 miles total

February's mileage:
9 treadmill workouts + 2 races (5k + 4.8 mile mud) = 26.15 miles total

January's mileage:
8 treadmill workouts + 1 race (5k) = 16.17 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment