Friday, August 2, 2013

Cub Scout Bug Neckerchief Slide

I was a little at a loss trying to come up with a slide for August. I thought tiny squirt guns would be a good idea, but I couldn't find any tiny ones, so that didn't pan out. As I did some googling for ideas, I came across a suggestion to use plastic critters.

Since returning from our trip we've really noticed just how many bugs there are out here, so I thought bug slides would be appropriate.

A quick stop at the dollar store yielded a package of plastic bugs. We hot glued a bug to a piece of electrical conduit, and we were done. Super quick and easy!

Not my most creative slide, but good for a last minute idea. On the other hand, I've already got September's slide planned out- it required some advance planning, so I couldn't use the idea for August's slide. It's a lot more fun than a little old bug :)

No comments:

Post a Comment